Chapter Eight - The Dove

- Zayn -

I slid my iPhone out of my back jean pocket, to call or not to call?  Anaelle and Harry had been gone about seven hours now, they left at one.  If I did call, what would I say?  I let my thumbs tap nervously at the glass, black screen, biting the inside of my upper lip.  Damn it.

I looked around the room.  Liam sat next to me, looking around the room now and then, but mostly staying glued to the lit screen of his iphone, then there was Niall, who might've even been more hectic about their missing than I was, talking to Paul and the rest of management and looking out the window. Louis looked calmer on my left, watching a football game on the telly.

"Niall what are you waiting for, may I ask?" Louis asked an unnerved Niall, who practically had his head out the window, looking around anxiously.

"Aye," Niall fumbled with what to say. "Nothing, really," he bit the corner of his mouth.

"Nothing's always something," Liam said happily from the couch.

"Just, uh," Niall blushed a little bit. "Wondering where Harry and Anaelle are, they've been gone for some time..." Niall looked at me, knowing that I was frantic over the same topic.  He tried to make it look like he'd just brushed it off, but it wasn't working out too well.

"Yeah, should I," I stopped myself, rethinking my words, wondering if they'd make my interest for Anaelle too obvious,"should I call them?" I asked and looked at the other boys, they all shrugged and I looked at Paul, who huffed and shook his head before pulling out his Nokia and calling Harry.

I could hear the ringing from the other side of the room, Paul being in the kitchen.

Once.

Twice.

Thrice. 

There were two more rings; no answer.  Harry usually answered his phone, being so attached to it.

"He usually picks up his phone..." I hinted and Paul just decided to call him again.

No answer.

"Hmph," Paul's eyebrows furrowed and he cocked his head sideways.  I watched his thumbs work their way across the keyboard in a text, then he finally put his phone back in his pocket.

"Should we maybe," I said. "Go out looking for him?" I asked slowly.

"That's a bit overdoing it, don't you think?" Paul asked me and gave me an oblivious look.

"I suppose..." I said sadly, knowing that a good amount of grief could get Paul to let us do whatever we wanted.

I tapped my foot against the floor, looking around with worry and sorrow for about four minutes before Paul broke his cool and just told me to do whatever.

Liam, Niall, and I all quickly ran into my black Bentley the apartment valet service head retrieved for us, and quickly drove off.

"He said they were going shopping, then to lunch, yeah?" I asked the other two, knowing exactly what he said but just trying to play it cool.

"Yeah." Liam and Niall said in unison.

- Harry -

Once we left the café, hand in hand, we decided to go to the park.  The nearest park was Waterlow Park, a nice park that I'd come to with the boys.  It was nice, especially in the winter when thin sheets of white lay like blankets over the rolling green hills.  It was vast and open, and was outlined with tall, thick trees.

Unfortunately, by the time we'd reached the park, it'd begun sprinkling lightly, that didn't matter to her though.  Weather wasn't an obstacle to her like it was to other people, little factors like that were forgotten in that whirlwind mind of hers.