Chapter Two - You Can Stay Here

- Harry -

"Anaelle," I said and she looked at me, her green eyes matching up to mine. "Do you want to come in and sit down?  I can't imagine how cold you must be." I spoke quickly

"Yes," she walked forward, almost into me as I turned and walked couch area.  "Thank you." She said quietly and hesitated a moment before sitting down on the ground, folding up her long legs.  Zayn immediately came up from behind me and took another large, fleece blanket from the recliner and draped it over Anaelle's shoulders.

I sat down across from her, mirroring her position, except to her right, her sitting so close to the fire.  Zayn did the same but to her left.  Liam sat on the floor behind Anaelle, back pressed up against the couch, and Niall sat down in the recliner.

"Anaelle, do you need help getting home?" Zayn asked her, but I knew her secretly wished for her to stay.  She didn't even look at him though, she simply kept her eyes glued to the fire.

"Um," she paused, "You see, I dont live in London." 

"Oh really?  Where then?"

"Well," she thought and looked down. "I'm more so. . . on the move.  I've been staying in a hotels here and there, and I've been staying in one in London for the past few days, but I can't afford another night, so. . ." she stopped and blushed in shame. "I was just looking for another place to stay, for tonight.  But, a lot of the less expensive hotels are kind of, full." She pursed her lips for a second.

"Oh," Zayn though. "You can stay here a night. . . or two," I spoke hesitantly and she looked at him.

"That's too much to ask, I-I'll be fine." She said with a look of concern on her face.

"No, love, it's fine.  We have an extra bedroom, and I don't want you not sleeping under a roof or something like that." He said and looked at Paul, who was rubbing his temples.  I swore I heard him mutter 'serenity now' under his breath.

"I wouldn't want to be such a bother though-"

"It's fine," Zayn smiled reassuringly. "My pleasure." His smile widened.

"Why thank you, that means so much.  Usually, I'd turn the offer down, but I just," she stopped but then continued. "Wouldn't want to spend the night out on the streets." She looked at the ground.

"It's my pleasure, are you hungry?" He asked and she shook her head no.  But by the looks of her, she could use some food in her.  "You sure?"

"It's fine, I'm not too hungry.  I promise I'll be out first thing tomorrow morning." 

"Anaelle, we don't mind.  If you need to spend another night or two, or really however many you'd like, we're open for it." He smiled and stood up, walking to the kitchen with the paper bags full of Indian food I hadn't realized he'd brought in.

"Harry, why don't you show Anaelle her room.  I'd like to talk to Zayn." Paul shot Zayn a death glare and I chuckled.

Anaelle looked at me, wide-eyed, and I began walking up the stairs.  She followed closely behind.

I brought her to the guest bedroom, which was all white exceot navy sheets on the bed and navy curtains.

"Here you are." I smiled at her. "The bathroom's over there," I pointed to a door on the left wall.

"Thank you," she smiled slightly at me.

"You don't have any luggage, do you?"

"No, I don't," she looked aroudn the room.

"Okay, well.  Just come and get me, or one of the boys-" I stopped myself. "My name's Harry by the way."

"I know," she smiled and laughed lightly. "Think I didn't know who One Direction is?" She chuckled and her smile widened, sending one to my own lips.

Charming, too.