Chapter Four:

I opened my eyes to see that my face was pressed into something. Remembering the happenings from hours ago, I realized that I was in fact, laying with Francis.

Bloody git...He's probably faking all of this just to get a rise out of me...

Although deep down, I knew I was only fooling myself to be thinking that.

So I kept my promise...And I stayed by his side.

I will admit...I felt at least a small amount of empathy as he tossed and turned in restlessness.

It wasn't long after this, however, that Francis awoke with a yawn, extending his hands above his head...only to fall down to wrap itself around my neck.

"Corny bastard." I grumbled when he pulled me closer to him.

"I love you too, Angleterre." He chuckled, causing my face to go red.

"Francis...You know that I don't like being teased..." I complained venomously. "And remove your hand from my person immediately!"

The man looked offended, but released his hold on me regardless.

"You hurt me so, Angleterre!" He added in an overdramatic manner.

"I do not! I just spent the last two hours keeping your sorry ass company while you took a damned power nap!" I growled.

"No need to be rude about it, Arthur." He quietly responded. "I told you before that you could just leave..."

No. He will not make me feel guilty...

Damn! How does he manage to do this every time?

"I'm sorry." I grumbled quickly under my breath.

I watched from the corner of my eye as Francis smirked slightly, slowly standing up from the bed.

I followed.

"Where do you think you're going?" I drilled evenly, eliciting a shrug from the Frenchman.

"I feel better now, so I'm going downstairs." He replied.

He laughed after catching my prying gaze.

"Are you coming, or do you intend on just watching me? I have something to show you if you choose the first option..." He chided playfully.

I pondered...and mulled...and decided what I was going to do.

What the hell...

I concluded, stepping after him.

I'm only going with him because he's ill.

I validated in my mind.

"This had better be good if you're dragging me along to it." I huffed proudly, picking up my pace to match that of the taller man's.