Teaser

"Are you sure about this, Lavender?"

"Lightstreak, I'm ready."

"Okay, press your nose to the mooncrystal."

There is a mist-filled clearing to which Lavender awakens.

"Moonstar?"

"Lavender."

A silver and white she-cat fades into view.

"Moonstar!"

"Lavender, I am here to give you your nine lives."

"Aren't I supposed to receive a life from nine different cats?"

"I will be giving you your lives."

Moonstar touches her nose to Lavender's forehead and an almost electric energy source pulses through her all at once. Lavender's legs weaken and give out.

"Moonstar . . . what going on?"

"A great storm is coming, one greater than any of Starclan has ever seen."

"But where is Starclan?"

"Preparing."

"What is the coming storm? Can't you be more specific so I can be better prepared to protect my clan?"

"You will protect your clan when the time comes, Lavenderstar."

Moonstar fades out of view and Lavenderstar awakens in the crystal cave.

"Did you get your nine lives?"

"I did, but something is coming."

"What?"

"A storm like nothing before will strike the clans, and we must be ready."

*  *  *

Frostclan and Emberclan are the clans of the living. They rely too much on their warrior ancestors for help.

When something happens to their ancestors, the clans are sent into a panic. Every cat is on edge and it eventually turns into a war between the two clans.

Will you survive the wrath of the Storm?