Chapter 16

"My mom had this boyfriend. His name was Jason Manner. He had a son named Randy. One Tuesday morning me and My mom are just sitting on the couch watching Porsha Ruffburn's show and Jason just comes in. I'm sure he's high or drunk and he has this bottle he's drinking. My mom is begging him to leave and he gets so angry. He breaks the bottle over my moms head. She fell to the ground. He stabs her with the shares of the broken bottle 47 times. Then he comes over to me. He rapes me. He grabs another bottle and breaks it over my head. He keeps stabbing me in my stomach , in my arms , in my legs. I have scars everywhere. I black out and the next thing I remember is Stacey and My dad standing over me in a hospital bed. " I tell them and I start to sob. Aaron grabs me in his arms and once again I find myself crying in his arms again. "and now I got a note and a phone call and they say that its from Randy and it says 10 days , what's 10 days " I wonder. "10 days" I exclaim. I grab the laptop I find on the desk and I'm just typing away. I search my dads flight and as I suspected the numbers say flight number 3493. "Baby girl. Randy can't hurt you ! I'm here" Aaron says. Next thing I know I'm getting another call and low and behold the name says Unknown caller. "Its Randy again " I cry. "Hello" I say. "Give me 60" Randy starts. "I can do that. 60 dollars" I cut him off. "60 thousand Tanna" Randy exclaims. "i-i-ill try my best" I say. "54 Peters avenue 3:33 am , come alone. you have 15 hours. " Randy says then I hear the phone click. "Where am I going to get 60 thousand dollars from." I exclaim. "Okay don't you have access to all your dad's money" Jamie asks. "yes , he gave me this card. So I guess I'll just go in and take out the money" I say. "Aaron do you want to come over, I don't want to be alone right now" I cry. "of course , anything " Aaron says and we go to my house. As soon as we get there we go straight to my room and I fall into my bed and Aaron does the same and wraps his arms around me. "A-A-Aaron I'm scared" I tremble. "Nobody can hurt you if I'm here" Aaron tells me. "well I guess I'll go get the money now since I only have 15 hours" I tell Aaron. "Your dad is a smart man and I feel like he has money here around the house, Maybe a safe. " Aaron says. "Let's go check his room" I exclaim. We go to My dad's room and I head to the closet. I check behind shoe boxes , behind clothes and at the back of his closet I find a vault behind a picture of us that we took 2 years ago. I gently remove the picture and find the vault. "What could the combination be " I think to myself. I try his birthday. Nope. I try Stacey's birthday. Nope. I try MY birthday. Nope. I'm slightly offended. I try him and Stacey's anniversary. Nope. I try Tyler's birthday. Nope. I try him and my mom's anniversary. Nope. I try my mom's birthday. Click. The vault pops open. I am so surprised. inside the Vault I find passports , my birth certificate , Tyler's birth certificate and about 800,000 dollars in that vault. I take out 60,000 of it. I doubt my dad would notice and I didn't even have to touch his bank account. I put everything back and go back to my room. I toss the money on the bed to Aaron. I grab a rubber band off my dresser and wrap it around the money. "Your father is banked" Aaron says. I open my closet. "Do you see all these shoes" I ask. "yes" Aaron says. "That's why" I reply.