chapter 17

That following Monday morning the first snowfall began at fall at Hogwarts. As I got dressing in my school uniform, I opened my curtains just a little to watch the show hit the ground. The only bad thing about being in the dungeons was that you saw everything as it hit the ground never as it was starting to fall unless you happened to be roaming the halls. But by the time I was ready to head to the Great Hall my window was already covered in snow.

Emily and I met up with each other as we slipped our robes on and made our way out of the common room.  Pulling our robes around us as the cold air met us harshly.  Feeling a bit colder than I was before as we made our way to the middle of the castle. Once we were inside and warm we went over to our table and sitting down across from the boys as usual.

I guess Headmaster Dumbledore was feeling extra nice today since at breakfast he decided to cancel classes for the day which caused all of us to erupt in cheers. Graham and Adrian seemed to be in good spirits as they went right ahead and planned to head out what some of the quidditch boys later on. Emily and I sat there alone. I looked up at her. My eyes following her gaze as she was looking at Fred and Geroge.

"Em," I chuckled as I looked back down at my food, "You're staring."

"Isn't he dreamy?" She asked as I felt her eyes on me.

"What a blood traitor?" I scoffed stabbing my food.

"But look at him," She said.

"Which one?" I scoffed.

"George," She sighed, "I bet he's a good kisser." I immediately snorted out. Almost chocking on my food as I look over at her.

"Seriously Em, you could kiss anyone but him," I scoffed. 

"But all the other boys are gross and disgusting," She whined.

"Then go kiss George,  I don't care. Don't come crying to me when he hurts you," I argued.

"I don't think he would," She protested, "I think he's soft and tender. Well, at least that's what he is like in my dreams. Now Fred on the other hand he is definitely aggressive and rough."

"Emily," I whispered in a shouting tone.

"What?" She asked, "You can't tell me that you haven't thought about it."

"Nope," I lied, "Not once." As I looked over at Fred who was laughing with his brother and his friends around him.  

Emily and I finished up our breakfast quickly before we head to our dorms. Neither of us had plans for the rest of the day so I thought that it would be a good idea to just stay indoors. Both of us changed in something a little more comfortable and warm before heading back out and going to enjoy the snowfall as we walking Hogwarts grounds. 

As we passed by the courtyard we noticed a large group of students all hanging around. Laughing and smiling with each other. Of course, Emily grabbed my hand and pulled me along to see what the commotion was all about.

"What on earth are they doing?" Emily asked as we got closer. Meanwhile I was dragging my feet a little.

"Who the bloody hell knows. Riddciouls if you ask me." I said, crossing my arms over my chest. Watching others slid down the snowy hill on top of the wooden block. Looked stupid if you ask me and dangerous.

"It's called sledding. As if you would know it's a muggle thing," I heard Fred shout. My eyes shooting his way as he stared me down.

"Well it looks dangerous," I shouted back at him before looking away.

"You should come and try it. I dare you," He taunted. I rolled my eyes and dropped my arms from my chest. Moving through the snow as I made my way over towards him.