Prologue.

''Wake up, sweetie'' my mum whispered in a calm voice which she normally never used, ''It's your first day of school and you don't want to miss it! ''

Why did she even remind me. It was just another crappy, boring school year. I opened my eyes and man, was I going blind from that bright sunlight. I stretched out my arm to pick up my cell phone from the bedside table and ''BAAANG'' my phone was kissing the floor. What a great start for a beautiful day.

Note the sarcasm.

I jumped off my bed, slipped my feet into my comfy slippers and groggily walked to the bathroom with one eye open and one eye closed. Normally I'd pee with the door closed, but I was too sleepy to even remember closing the door behind me. Thank God nobody saw that, that would had been the cherry on top of one delightful day.

Half asleep, I tried grabbing my toothbrush. I looked at the mirror and wished I hadn't; I had a big zit right in the middle of my forehead, ''Could this get any worse?! '' I said to myself while rolling my eyes as my hands rested on the cold bathroom sink.

I walked back to my bedroom, opened my closet, picked some random shirt and pants and voila! I was ready. I'm self conscious, lets face it, most girls are, but I wasn't a fashion freak like most girls in my school, and that gave them another reason to make fun of me.

I ran downstairs to have some breakfast. Once I did, I grabbed my backpack, slammed our front door shut and made my way to school.

-

As usual, I was greeted by dirty looks from everyone. They were obviously staring at my zit. I looked down to the floor, hiding my face with my chocolate brown, curly hair so I could avoid the humiliation, ''Perfect.'' I muttered to myself as I realized that I was still in my indoor slip-ons. I hurried to the classroom hoping nobody would notice my interesting choice of footwear. Yes, I was stupid enough to forget wearing shoes. Judge me, you'll be next in line.

I picked a desk, put my books into the drawer and sat there looking at everybody as they all looked back at me, staring at me with their beady eyes that bore into my soul. I wasn't paranoid, just self-conscious. Their stares made me feel uncomfortable.

Mr. Gringer made his way into the class and as usual he had that grim expression on his face. ''Welcome back class. I hope you enjoyed your vacation and are ready to begin this year and accomplish some goals.'' as soon as he ended the sentence most of the class were rolling their eyes.

"Okay," the teacher coughed awkwardly, "why don't we all welcome the new student, Liam Payne?" he said and right on cue, this Liam kid walked through the door with the biggest smile I had ever seen plastered across anybody's face. Perky kid. 

I have to admit though, the boy was fine. He had brown, slightly curly hair that reached down to right under his ears. I could see why he smiled so much, he had what you call a million dollar smile. Those perfect two sets of white teeth would make any girl fall head over heels for him. I figured he'd fit in easily in the school, seeing how all the girls swooned over him just after two minutes of his arrival.

He amicably introduced himself, ''Im Liam, seventeen. I've just moved here from Wolverhampton." That was all he said. He was excused, introductions are usually pretty awkward, like what the hell are you supposed to say?

Awkward silence occupied the room and then everyone started to greet him. I just sat there in my place praying he won't notice that zit on my face or even my slippers. I didn't want to be in a occupy a lower social status that the new kid. How humiliating would it be to get mocked by the new guy. Horrendous.  

I saw him from the corner of my eye, chatting with Joel Martin, one of the defenders in our school's football team.

"Oh cool," Liam told him, looking at the girl who was sitting in the front seat acknowledging her presence then turning to look at me, "And who's that girl? Back seat? She's hiding her face." Liam asked Joel...

And that's when everything began.

________

This chapter was basically edited and revised by : _itsangie , I owe her a big thank you and you should totally go ahead and check her story ''Plain Pain" NO REGRETS I PROMISE ;)x

(A/N): Pretty short but that's just the prologue. Comment what you think and vote please :) It would mean a lot to me xx

-NA.