Chapter 17

Waking up the next morning, (y/n) was about to step out of her bed, only for her feet to touch Bakugou's futon. She jumped back to bed, covering herself with her sheets, but when she glanced at the futon she noticed that Bakugou wasn't sleeping in it.

She sat on her bed and looked around her room, but there was still no sight of him.

Must have woken up earlier so that people wouldn't see him. she thought.

After getting dressed up, she opened her door widely, her eyes falling on his red orbs.

"Goodmorning, your highness." he bowed.

"Goodmorning to you too." she nodded, making her way towards the mess hall. "Did you sleep well?"

"I did." he replied, walking after her.

She smiled and waved at the guards and servants who were walking past her, them bowing with wide smiles.

"The coronation is in a week from now huh." she said, glancing at her crown before putting it back on her head. "I'm so excited!"

Bakugou smirked at her bright attitude. But his smirk faded as soon as she glanced at him, a glance that brought chills down his spine.

"Shall we go to another adventure today?"

"Don't get me wrong Princess, I'm always down for a good adventure, but aren't you supposed to be making preparations for the coronation?"

"I already have." she proudly stated, making him laugh at how certain she was.

"Then let's go."

...

After some hours, (y/n) and Bakugou returned back to the castle exhausted and laughing to themselves about the stupid things they did during their little trip.

"Your highness, lady Yaoyorozu came for a visit." bowed a servant.

"Goodness, do you know where she is?"

"At the garden."

And so, (y/n) rushed towards the said garden. Momo saw her approaching and waved her hands from afar, telling her to be careful not to trip.

"You're the one wearing heels Momo." (y/n) chuckled, making Momo sigh. "Did something happen?"

"I've been wanting to talk to you about something but I was scared I guess." she chuckled, playing with her fingers nervously.

"Scared of me?" asked (y/n), a tint of sadness in her voice.

"I think I have fallen for Prince Shoto."

(y/n) felt her heart break at Momo's words. She remembered memories of them two when they were little, (y/n) telling her about how much she liked the Prince and how she wished she would marry him when they grew up.

"You've been talking to him?"

"We met at your ball. After that he invited me for dinner and then I would frequently visit him at his castle. Hence why I haven't been visiting you that often." said Momo, her voice trembling a bit from the guilt. "He proposed to me yesterday and I wanted to tell you in person."

"H-He proposed?"

Bakugou's eyes softened at the sound of (y/n)'s broken voice. However, why did she feel like that? She was the one who rejected Todoroki's proposal to begin with. But deep down, she still wished for him to maybe see her as someone else. Not as a dear friend, but as someone capable enough to stand next to him as the years went by.