●○ C H A P T E R 5 ○●

The moon was shining brightly overlooking me coming out of my car, Ben (one of my men) opened the door and offered a hand to help me out.

I ignored his gesture and walked straight in, eager to get out of this as soon as possible. When I got in, I realized this was one of the restaurant's that Xzavier owned, of course it would be.

I walked up to the receptionist and told her I was here to meet Xzavier. She looked me up and down and then said, “And who exactly are you?” I looked at her astonished; who did this bitch think she was? I hated girls who are always so possessive. “Xzaviers new partner, so I suggest you drop the attitude before I have you drop dead.”

The girl looked shocked and quickly started typing on the computer. A man came and asked me to follow him. “I-I am very sorry madam.” the receptionist said, as I gave her a look and walked away. When I sat down, I started to become impatient of waiting, so I went on my phone and started scrolling through my social medias. Sage was spam posting pictures on her private account and I began to laugh.

I looked up when I heard a cough “ehem.” There he was, in his full glory - Xzaiver. “You took your time.” I said, rolling my eyes. “Sorry, something came up.” He spoke. “Yeah sure, first you make me blindly sign a contract and then the stick up your ass makes you unable to get to a meeting on time, amazing.” I said clearly pissed, I did not like to be left waiting. Xzavier sat down and looked at me.

How is this guy always so calm, he acts as if nothing is ever happening? I swear the entire world could be falling apart and he would just sit there with a smug look on his face.

He leaned over the table and then grabbed my chin, aggressively. “Amaya, I will not repeat myself again. You are childish and young, and I have no idea how you are even close to running a full empire, but you are, and I admire that.

However, you are reckless and child-like. I need you to understand that I will not tolerate being talked to in such a manner. Nobody talks to me like that. Nobody. Now that we are partners, I expect respect, or this will have to be awfully hard.” He whispered.

I pulled back, forcing him to let go. “Mr. Russo, I do not respect anyone, and if you want me to speak to you in the right way then you will have to earn it.” I looked up into his eyes, and suddenly I felt as if I were being hypnotized but before I could fall into a deeper trance, I looked away.

I got a cigarette out of my bag and realized I had no lighter, Xzaiver realized and picked his own lighter and came close and light it. In that moment, I felt something, a spark. But as soon as he moved back into his seat, it faded away.

I continued “Look, I didn’t want any of this. I like to live my life the way I want to. I enjoy this mafia lifestyle and I don’t like anyone getting involved in my business.”

“Amaya, I assure you that I will not pry into your personal business and that this will all go smoothly if you just let me do what is needed.” he said.
“Look, I don’t even understand why my dad would have signed something like that. Clearly I am doing fine on my own, so can't we just liquidise this contract and go our separate ways? Don’t you just want to focus on your own business?” I pleaded, maybe with a hint of haste showing.

“You don’t understand, think of all the positives of this. Like how much stronger both our mafias will become. Two of the greatest mafias together. It would make us the most feared in Europe.” He spoke.

What he was saying was true, he was right I would be making so much more money than before. Fuck. Sometimes I wish I were not so stubborn.

“Okay, you're right. I'll just have to go through will this for now. Are we done here?” I asked. “Not exactly. Since we are now partners, we must host a ball informing the other parties that we will start working together." He says.

“No way, I am not a ball-type of girl. I would much rather be in a bar drinking by heart away right now. I'm not doing it and that’s final.” I asserted as I stood up, making my way out of the restaurant.

There's no way I am going to a fucking ball, I have much better things to do. As I got to the entrance door, I felt a pull at my wrist. I turned around and found myself only a few inches away from his face.

“You do not have a choice Amaya.” He sneered holding a gun against my waist. I move closer to him and say, “I hope you know I am not scared of that little toy you have there. I have one condition. If I am to attend this fucking ball that is, and that is that I don’t have to wear a ballgown.”

Then I backed away as he loosened his grip on me. “Oh, and by the way, you could have asked nicely. I was going to come either way, so you should think twice before you pull out a pathetic excuse of a threat on me like that again or I'll kill you. Don’t think that you know me.” I whispered the last part and then twirled around and walked out.

Leaving Xzavier stood alone, it was clear that he had never been spoken to like that and clearly words weren't effective on him. Some way or another, he would have to put that girl back in her place.