9: The In-between

I'm pulled out of nothing by the first something I've felt in an unknowable length of time. The light hurts, the air hurts, the sound of screaming pierces my ears. Oh, that's me. I stopped screaming a long time ago. Something hard yet yielding wraps me up. At first, I fight it, but then an unfamiliar sensation overcomes me. I feel my body relax. I take my first decent breath, no longer feeling as though I'm falling. A calloused hand gently caresses my back as I stop screaming and weep into silky fabric.

Strong arms lift me up, carrying me through the too bright world. I'm brought into a dim room and sat on a soft surface. I look around and recognize the small room by the garage. There's a bed in here now, along with a dresser and bedside table.

I gaze into black pools, lapping at me sympathetically. A gentle, scratchy kiss is placed on my forehead, wafting a delicious musky scent toward me. I breath in deeply, it being the first smell I've had in an unimaginably long time. The demon stands, giving me a small sad smile as he closes the door behind him. Its dark again but a faint red glow from the window illuminates the room enough and the feeling of the bed below me is a welcome security. I pull a soft blanket snuggly around me and fall into a deep, restful sleep, unsure of how long it's been since I actually slept. Sleep and wake felt the same in that place.

There are clothes in the closet and dresser near my size that I adorn happily. Then I smell myself. Venturing out of the room, all is quiet. I quick step to the shower and climb in eagerly, luxuriating in the blissful sensation of the hot water hitting my skin. My erect penis, I haven't heard heads or tails from since taking the leap into that black gash, looks up at me. The sight reminds me of that demon and his perfect caramel apple ass. I remember the feeling of being inside him as I rub one out.

The kitchen looks as I remember it. I'm fairly sure this is all the same food. How can it be when it felt like I was in that place for so long? I crack a few eggs in a pan and slap some bacon in another. The demon comes wandering in as expected. He takes his place at the kitchen island. I present his plate and watch as he scarfs it down.

"What was that place?" I ask tentatively.

"The in-between." He replies with his mouth full. Why do I find it cute? "I am surprised you still have your wits. Most humans that get stuck there go mad within moments." He continues, finishing up his plate.

"Moments?" I question.

"Yeah. Well moments here. Within the in-between a moment can feel like weeks or months. No one knows the exact ratio." He explains.

"How long was I there?" I ask.

"Two days." He replies matter- of- factly. I'm not sure what to think of that.

"More." He orders.

"What's the magic word?" I respond, with a smirk.

He looks at me, eyes narrowed. Less in anger, more like considering.

"More please, Little Hero." He says with a small devilish smile.

"Okay... Master." I agree nervously taking his plate. I return his plate replenished then get myself a cup of coffee. The taste is heavenly and warms my bones. I am tempted to tease him about chewing with his mouth open, but I enjoy watching him devour my horrible cooking too much. I don't want to make him self- conscious. I laugh aloud at the thought of making him self-conscious.

"What?" He demands.

"Nothing." I reply, sipping innocently.

He glares at me, standing.

"I was just thinking it's cute, the way you eat." I answer sheepishly, unsure about what the brute will do if I don't answer. He continues glaring but sits back down. He seems to be considering my words.

"You should eat too." He chides, glaring at my cup as if he disapproves.

I oblige, getting a plate for myself.

"It's cute when you eat too." He mocks. I glare at him. "Your little pink tongue runs over your lips in between chewing." He continues.

"I don't have a little tongue." I demand. He just laughs, going back to eating.

"I have to go out today." He anounces, while I am cleaning the dishes. I internally panic at the prospect of being left here alone again for a week.

"Don't panic, Little Hero." He coos, coming closer so I can feel his breath on my neck behind me. "I'm not leaving Hell. I have a demon associate I need to speak with. I should be back tonight." He assures, his words oddly comforting. He walks out the door, leading to the hall and the garage. I follow after him, curious about the Jeep.

The Jeep is in the garage but in no condition to be driven. The front is crushed, and the driver side torn open. He gets in anyway and remarkably it starts up. I close the door as he opens the garage, retreating into the 'safety' of the house. I sit in the window of the dining area, sipping my coffee, surprised to see the Jeep driving off in the distance.

---------------------------------------------------------------- 

Thank you for reading(: