Chapter 2

(MADELINE'S POV)

It absolutely kills me to see Griffith like this. I have always known that his dad worked for the government and basically disowned him, but the president?! How could he?! He's supposed to be the good guy. He's supposed to look out for everyone, especially the young.

When Mr. President said "son" Griffith tensed up and his fists clenched, but other than that, he kept a calm demeanor. I was proud of him. I, on the other hand, was not quite what you would call calm. My mouth dropped open, I spun around to Griffith and might have had a screaming fit..? But hey! I was surprised!

All Griffith did was wrap his arm around my head and pulled me towards him until I was screaming against his chest. His soft but rock hard chest. Oh. My. Lord. He smelled so good.

Needless to say I stopped screaming and pushed away from him, embarrassed, and currently we are sitting around the table in an awkward silence.

Reeeeeeally awkward.

Like everyone staring at each other in anticipation.

HOW CAN THEY DEAL WITH THIS INTENSITY?!

I'm gonna blow.

I've gotta say something.

This can not get anymore awful.

"So what did everyone have for breakfast?"

(GFRIFFITH'S POV)

I knew she would break soon. She wouldn't be able to stand the silence. I saw her start to fidget and glance around the room. Then she started to bite her nails and I knew it wouldn't be long until she broke the silence. 3...2...1..

"So what did everyone have for breakfast?" She blurted out of the blue.

Yup, there it is. My lips quirked up in amusement. She was so socially awkward.

I see the president also raise his eyebrows in surprise before responding smugly, "Well, since you asked, I had a Belgian waffle with whipped cream and strawberries, some sausage, two pastries, a cup of gourmet coffee from England with a dash of cream of course, a bowl of exotic fruit and hand squeezed orange juice from the back yard."

Madeline stared at him in awe before looking at him confused.

"What is a waffle?" She asks.

The president puffs his chest out, "well it is the most delectable thing. Made of sweet dough and cooked to perfection until the outside is crispy but the inside is soft. You take a bite of it and it melts in your mouth like cotton candy. It is really wonderful."

"Can I have some?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Because."

"Because why?"

"Because you can't. Now stop talking. We need to talk about your new job.. In private."

My eyes widened. No. I'm not leaving Madeline alone with this monster. He'll probably convince her to do something really stupid or to be his secretary or something even worse.

"Leave, Griffith."

I gave Madeline a final hug, hoping that she got the message to stay safe, and I left.

(MADELINE'S POV)

The president and I walked through a small hall way before coming to a stop in front of a door. He turned to me with an odd look in his eye and a hardness to his voice.

"Now you see, the deal is that you take the job without question and you will never have to work another day in the kitchen. You will live a good life. One of luxury, even. But you must not tell one soul what I am about to tell you. Do you understand?"

I nod my head. He scares me. I can't even get a word out.

"Good," he says. And starts walking away. As he reaches the door, he turns around, "You are going to stay here for the time being, not that you have a choice." The door slams and a lock clicks.

What. The. Heck.

I'm so bored.

I wonder if there will be waffles at my new job.

UGH WHEN IS THE PRESIDENT GOING TO COME BACK??

It must've been like 100000 hours later when the lock finally jiggled and the doorknob turned. The door creeks open, and an unfamiliar face peeks in.

"Hi," the unfamiliar face dude says.

"Umm... Hi?" Who is he and what is he doing?

"I'm Elliot, and you are...?"

".. Yeah I'm Madeline, but you're not the president. Where's the president?"

A look of confusion flashed across Elliot's face, but it was quickly replaced by his normal calm facade. "He didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?"

"Oh that lazy son of..." After seeing my glare he paused. "... Of a gun?"

An awkward moment passed between us. I was expectantly waiting for him to say something, and he was looking down at his hands as if searching for something to say.

"I don't know how to put this really..." He trailed off.

Another moment of silence passes before he looks up at me.

"Uh.. Can you promise something?"

"What is it?"

"Just.. Don't kill me."

"Okay."

"You, Madeline, are.. You are my fiancée."
-
-
A/N sorry for my absence (although I doubt anyone noticed lol) but I will be posting a lot more chapters. I can't say when but I will. The picture is of Madeline and Griffith, but Griffith normally doesn't have that mean look lol. Thanks for reading :):):)