Chapter 3

Hold up. I'm his fiancée?!

"Um..," I start but Elliot interrupts me.

"Please don't be mad! It was arranged. I swear I had nothing to do with it!"

"I'm not mad..."

"You aren't?"

"Not at the moment, no."

"Why wouldn't you be mad? To get thrown into this kind of thing is a big deal! I'm furious at my dad and I knew it was coming and-"

I'm so confused. What is he rambling about?

"What's a fiancée?"

He stops mid sentence and stares at me in shock.

"You don't know?"

"Well I mean it sounds kind of like a French food, and I thought that maybe you were trying to use it as a pickup line. I was about to tell you that it didn't work when you started rambling about this and that..."

"You really don't know what fiancée means?"

"Well that's what I JUST said.."

So then Elliot, who I must admit is starting to freak me out, started to get all nervous again. He probably thought he had all of his emotions hidden, but I could see the confusion, relief, anger and fear flitting across his face.

Alright, I'm tired of this. "Listen buddy, I've got to get out of here. I've been in here for hours and I'm probably late for my shift in the kitchens. I would love to stay and chat about cheesy pickup lines but if you miss a shift, you don't eat for the next two days and-"

"You work in the kitchens?!"

"Elliot, I think you need your hearing checked."

"He said he was going to get someone from town! Someone rich and pretty!"

"Are you calling me ugly?!"

"No! No, I am just tired of being lied to all the time. I want to get out of here. No, I NEED to get out of here," he starts pulling on his hair. Yup, this guy is mental.

"Well so do I, but not all wishes come true. Speaking of wishes, I wish to eat tonight, so I'll be going now."

"No! I mean.. Just.. At least let me tell you what a fiancée is."

"Fine. But make it quick. That means no rambling, no changing the subject, no stalling, and no standing there looking at your hands," I say. He looks up at me with wide eyes.

"A fiancée is a woman who is engaged to be married to a man. I am your fiancé which means I am engaged to be married to you."

Hold up... "WHAT?! WHAT ARE YOU FRICKEN TALKING ABOUT?? IM NOT YOUR FIANCÉE! I DINT EVEN HAVE A FRICKEN RING AND YOU'RE CALLING ME YOUR FIANCÉE? YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR FRICKEN MIND?"

"Um if you really want the ring I have-"

"I DON'T WANT A FRICKEN RING! I WANT A LIFE! FREEDOM! LOVE! LIKE REAL LOVE NOT ARRANGED LOVE!"

"Listen. For one, you need to quiet down or my father is going to come in and kill us both. Two, it was arranged; I can't do anything about it. Three, you don't need to worry about food, I have plenty at my command. And four, not all wishes come true," he finished with a wink.

"Ok now you listen. Listen to my footsteps as they walk to the job I used to have. I don't want to be married! I want friendship and freedom," I just want to go back to yesterday. That was before all of this happened. At least back then, life was bearable.

------------------------------------------
I know it's short. I'll have another up soon :)