Chapter 6 (tw: blood and mature content)

Frank had woken to the sound of chatter and footsteps outside of his bedroom door, alerting him in an instant.
He had been about to let his reflexes take over, hands reaching out to grab his blade and mask before going in for the kill, waiting for further instructions from The Entity.
When none came, he took a second to mentally reboot and realize that he was no longer in The Fog.
He was in the mansion he had been scoping out not even a day before.
He had been brought here for the time being, just until his friends or even the Entity came to look for him and take him back to his familiar icy realm in the hellish fog-riddled landscape.

Blinking in the harsh platinum sunlight that was heavily masked by marbled grey clouds above, Frank rose and stood up, the bed creaking forlornly as the killer's weight lifted from its springy surface.

His clothes were rumpled and he still smelled of dirt and rainfall, but he was here. He was alive.
He was ready to see what today would bring; bloodshed or chaos? the choice was his.

Though it was only his second day in the mansion, he seemed to be adapting quickly, despite some of the residents trying to take a stab at him or catch him off-guard with a jumpscare or a knife to the neck, just to see what they could get away with before Slenderman could intervene.
Thankfully, being trapped in the Entity's realm -crudely replicating his icy hometown of Ormond- Frank was fast and wouldn't go down easily, and each time he was caught in a tousle with the others he was wearing a maniacal smile underneath the matching grin scrawled on his mask.

His fingers spun and gripped his knife with expert ease, the tips no longer blue with cold thanks to the lack of snow around the mansion, not to mention the building's windows were all intact; that is, if a few of the more violent killers didn't get any funny ideas.
At least Slenderman seemed to be the one to keep the residents on tight leashes when they began to get out of hand.

The Canadian killer couldn't deny, Slenderman was a lot like the entity, from the very presence of his being to the way he commanded his followers to fall in line, sometimes without even the use of words at all.

In fact, it was the Slenderman's words that jerked the frenzy-loving slasher back to reality on this cloudy, overcast morning.
Beforehand, Frank seemed to be absorbed into carving his toast into smaller and smaller bits, using the side of his fork to rip it apart.
Every so often, he quickly stabbed one of the pieces and swiped it into his eggs' bleeding yolks, before consuming the piece quickly.
The way his hands darted so quickly from A to B, it was hard to tell if he was moving at all or if he was moving too fast to even comprehend in the early morning haze, seemingly almost a blur as he silently scarfed down his food with his head bent over his plate.

Frank continued to devour his meal, tuning out the small talk for now, until a word from Slenderman grabbed his attention.

"Victims..."

Frank's head snapped up, eyes instantly on the towering eldritch being, still silent as he munched on the last morsels of his food.
The other killers and non-humans were also focusing their attention on Slenderman, waiting for his next declaration.

"All of you will be assigned a partner to cover more ground, we have a select number of targets today. All groups will have at least one, then if you wish it will be free reign on any other humans you find" Slenderman ordered.
"Report back to me once the targets have been dealt with, whether or not you choose to remain killing for a while longer. Understood?"

Almost instantly, a clamour of affirmations rippled from the table like uneven waters.

"Furthermore, as we have our newest member-" Slenderman paused to gesture with one bony hand to Frank, whose mask had been slipped back down to cover his maniacal expression beneath, "-the pairings may be a little uneven, but to make things fair the proxies will go with one other non-proxy rather than being lumped together in one group."