Chapter nine

• I Have To Listen To Ricky •

James

• October 31•

We opened the door of the house and the sun was just rising. We weren't in the jungle anymore, which sucked. A lot. I wouldn't be able to navigate the train as easily as it would've been before.

My eyes flew open and I was looking up at the sky. We luckily ended up getting Ricky's boots out of the boogies with many struggles. I was lying down beside him, our shoulders touching. I didn't have the energy to move away.

"Damn." Ricky said.

"We stayed up all night in the hell house."

"Yeah," Ricky yawned, "Since we're out of the jungle, does that mean we're closer to the dead world?"

"I don't know, but I hecking hope so."

"I'm hungry."

I reached into my bag and pulled out a whole pineapple. I passed it to Ricky.

"God, I really have to clean out this bag."

I dug through it. I pulled out a hammer and chucked it behind me.

"Holy bdbwaknfn! Watch out you freaking idiot!"

I ignored him and continued pulling out useless items such as; a television, a few pumpkins, some scissors, a water gun, a few pencils, a lamp, a computer, a pair of glasses, a chainsaw, a rubber duck and a few other things.

I turn back to Ricky, feeling slightly accomplished. He was covered in clothes, smeared with pumpkin guts, and had my reading glasses loosely hanging on his face, and had all the other junk I had pulled out surrounding him. Oops.

"We should get going," I said, trying my best to keep a straight face, which was really hard when Ricky was wearing pumpkin guts and reading glasses. I grabbed the glasses off his face. I actually needed those.

"Holy hell, dude. How much stuff do you have?" I looked down in the bag searching for anything else.

"I don't even know how half of that stuff got in there."

"You could've kept the chainsaw."

"Uh, yeah, but that's messy and impractical." And a not very smart thing for me to have when I'm around you. But I didn't say that.

"And a scythe is?"

"The scythe is so that we can get back to Tamir. The sword is much better."

"You're not very easy to understand."

"That's literally the most hypocritical thing you have ever said in your entire life."

"Well I need to get all these pumpkin guts off me, thanks James."

"My pleasure."

I showed him to a river.

"Don't die."

"I wasn't planning on it, thanks."

"Yeah and I bet you also didn't mean to almost die in the sundew, with the birds, with the smog, and the demon, and the hallucination house, but yeah. Definitely."

He took off his shirt and his boots.

"I didn't know I was being judged today," he said.

"If you weren't so scrawny I wouldn't judge you."