Chapter seven

• Ghost spook •

Ricky 

• October 30 •

I was in this room. I looked around. The walls were this dreamy-ish dark purple colour. One wall was glass, and through the glass was James.

I ran up to him.

"James!? What's—" he was shouting himself, but I couldn't hear him.

He seemed to notice this and gestured forward. There was a door I had never seen before. I gave James a look that said: do I have to? He gave me a look that said: just freaking do it.

I opened the door.

Inside were three paths. One that led in front of me, one to my right, and one to my left. I went right. Because that was closer to James. And because right is right.

There was a hallway with striped wallpaper and some columns with hybrid type beasts with ruby red eyes, a lion typeface and a dragon like body carved in marble squished in between the top and bottom.

I walked on. The beast snarled at me. I spun around, making sure that I wasn't imagining it.

I wasn't.

I ran away and closed the door. It disintegrated into the wall. This hallway was different, but it had a glass roof, looking at another hallway from above. I would've thought it was a mirror if I could see myself.

I saw James walk by, the gravity different for him apparently. I waved and shouted, but he kept walking. And then another gay Italian. And then another.

And then I felt something go into me.

It was like the demon, cold and misty. I looked forward to it. It was me. But not me. Because I was me. And I was definitely not him.

Another Ricky imposter walked through me.

I heard a bang and looked up. There was the real James, at least, I hoped, banging in the ceiling. He looked okay, with a few scrapes on his face and a wild look in his eyes, but other than that, fine. I also noticed that he didn't have his sword and scythe (which I named Brett and Mike[in honour of Michael, who didn't kill me, and was just a horrible person]) with him.

He tried to say something, but this glass was also soundproof.

+++

I shouted at Ricky more, but he just gave me a blank stare. Great. Great great great. I didn't even know if Ricky was real in this hallucination. Was it a hallucination? I could feel things, but I wasn't completely sure if it was.

I sighed, and pointed to the door. Ricky shrugged. Real helpful.

I walked forward, going into the other room. This one also had wallpaper, but there were drawing snakes weaving in and out of the stripes. I dragged my fingers across it, going to the next door. Until I felt scales on my fingertips. I withdrew my hand, and held it close to me, looking at the wall. Oh thank god Ricky wasn't here. He was absolutely terrified of snakes. These ones were just garden snakes. I thought.

I walked forward, avoiding my gaze from the snakes on the wall. And then I heard it. Crunch.

The only thing I could think of at that moment was: oh shit.

I ran without heaven looking back, the snakes avoiding me, but I still stepped on a few. I felt something sharp on my leg, and then lots of things sharp. I fell back, scrambling away from the snakes latched onto my legs. Ow. Owwwwwwwww.