Page 5: Recruitment

The rest of the Magic Knight Entrance Exam went off without a hitch. People giving it their all to secure a slot in one of the Squads, including Yuno one-shotting his opponent. As the sun began to set, making the blue sky a warm orange.

William got up to speak again to announce "And that marks the end of the examination, now each examinee will come forward when their number is called out. The squad captains will raise their hand if they wish to have you join their team. it is up to the examinee to accept the offer or not. and if more than one captain raises their hand it is up to the examinee to choose. However as mentioned before, if there are no takers the examinee will not be able to join the magic knights."

After several minutes of examinees getting judged, next came up #164, Yuno's number. Silence fell the colosseum as all nine captains raised their hands for Yuno, thinking to choose the clearest path to become the Wizard King, "I request the Golden Dawn squad!" announced Yuno. After #165 was called Y/n's number. Four hands were raised: the Aqua Deer, the Green Mantis, the Purple Orca, and the Black Bulls.  He didn't like the look of the mantis squad nor the orca squad, and the deer captain looks young, leaving the squad he was warned about, "I request the Black Bulls!" announced Y/n. There was shock and confusion amongst the crowd until Sekke burst out laughing.

"Why did you pick them!?" asked Sekke in the midst of laughter. "Well I wouldn't want to show you up in the mantis squad, the deer squad doesn't look all that, and I don't like the look of that orca captain." responded Y/n, but putting his hands on his waist 'What more, it will be an even more achievement for me when I become the Wizard King." declared Y/n loud enough for the whole colosseum to hear." This is where the man himself, the captain of the Black Bulls started laughing.

jumping down to Y/n, "you're funny! Welcome my squad, be prepared to be in the lowest depths of hell in the Black Bulls squad." explained Yami. immediately followed by Yami grabbing and picking up Y/n by his head. "Finral, let's go" announced Yami to a young man with brown hair. [Spatial Magic: Fallen Angel Gate] He grasped his fingers together and slowly opened them creating a portal, "what is-" started Y/n but was cut off by Yami, "since you can't fly, you're going to have to learn some other type of transport magic, too." explained Yami. 

FInral was having trouble maintaining the portal because he told Yami that it was hard to keep the gate at that size open. Yami responded menacingly, " Who do you think you are ordering me around. Tough it out, and surpass your limits". "What?!"

Yami wheeled his arm back and threw Y/n through the gate, Y/n was able to keep his footing barely. standing in shock at the sight of the Black Bulls' Base, which was a large, tall house with asymmetric structures.

"Well? Pretty magnificent, isn't it? It's actually pretty run-down."

Y/n walked up to the door and opened it, "I'm Y/n from Hage Village, I'll be joining the Black Bulls as of tonight-" but was blasted back by an explosion.  

"Welcome to the absolute worst Magic Knight Squad, the Black Bulls.