cold eyes

I flipped through the book as the breeze hit my cheeks, my feet pressed up against the window sill and I sat back. I fixated on the streets below, bustling people, markets.
It has been years since the titan attack. years since the world crumbled.
I watched as a blonde girl ravished her way through the crowds, clinging to a bag she scanned her surrounding dipping into a shallow bank. She fumbled with her stuff wiping the sweat of her forehead.
I sat and watched, fumbling a pen in my mouth I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Her hair fit perfectly around her face, delicately tracing the bold features she displayed. the sun hit her skin in the most beautiful way. I hadn't realized she noticed me until we were gazing into each others eyes. locked. fixated.
her cold eyes, seemed to go so deep pulling me in. we stayed like this until she turned and ran

" hey... HEY WAIT" I called out to her
I ran down the stairs and swung the door open. I didn't wait a second to run after her.

"Please don't go-" Next thing I knew I was falling down a hill finally stopping at a tree.

"shit" I muttered wiping the dirt of myself.

she was gone. I wish.... I wish so badly I could have gotten her name.
I'm about to join the training corps camp, and maybe I will never come home....
if only I had gotten to stare into this cold eyes for a second longer, to graze my fingers through the golden hair.

I had been sitting for so long lost in my train of thought I didn't notice the figure standing over me.

There she was.

"my name is Annie, Annie Leonhart.. do what you want with that information" she blushed lightly and turned away. leaving me again alone.

I clasped my face trying to take in what happened..

annie...

annie.

perfection, as it rolled of my tongue. I gazed up at the sun, letting it glow on my skin. I must see her again. I felt a tap on my should turning around to see my friend Armin,
" y/n what are you doing muttering all alone! you might get taken advantage of come here" Armin grasped me setting me back up and patting the dirt off my clothes.
Armin and I had met after the attack, Eren and Mikasa were quiet but we got along fine. Eren had a one track mind. He always spoke with so much power, like he believed everything he said could be done. I envied that. I wanted to be him

"Armin please don't worry, I was chasing after someone that's all" I tried to hide my rosy cheeks with my hair but Armin saw right through it.

Armin Giggled, " I see... intriguing."

"she caught my eye that's all there is to say" Armin gave me a wink as Mikasa and Eren came up to us slowly.

"hmmmm well we don't have time for that stuff" Eren muttered as he stared at his palms. Mikasa looked at him nodding her head. Always siding with Eren.
"eavesdropping much" I sighed patting erens shoulder, as I leaned up towards armin. He fixed himself to pull me in.
Armin pressed his forehead against mine. our skin molding into one another's.

"one day... we will go beyond the wall, be free. the seas, all the lands, and love. one day y/n one day I promise to you" His eyes, held so much warmth, joy, they way they shined. they gave you strength. I didn't realize that I had started crying until Armin was wiping small tears as they fell down my cheeks.

"thank you Armin, please never leave my side" I grasped his shoulders not letting go till he deepened the promise..

"I promise"

I went to bed that night feeling different, the sheets felt colder, my skin felt soft, my heart felt heavy. What if this is what i've been waiting for... a light in the darkness that had shadowed us for so long.
I clung to the thoughts lingering as I closed my eyes I felt myself looking into her eyes once again. As if she was the answer to the questions I've had all along, a purpose.

"stop being silly" I muttered before falling asleep.

I just met her.

I only saw her twice.

She can't be more that a appearance.

* i'm so sorry this is short and maybe too quick paced i'm new to this*