Part 5: 𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐧𝗼𝐭?

"𝐋𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐩𝐮𝗺𝐩 𝐢𝐭 𝐮𝐩!"

"𝐋𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐩𝐮𝗺𝐩 𝐢𝐭 𝐮𝐩!"

"Now we travel north to Basin Epona..."

Y/N rested her head on the taverns wooden table as she listened in to the trio's conversation.

"What's going to happen to us?" Lydia asked leaning in to the girls face.

"I don't know" Y/N shrugged.

"We should live far away from the city...I don't like all these people" Lydia said quietly twiddling her thumbs.

"What about her?" Kaeya whispered into Albedo's ear.

"Should we leave her with Jean? She's not that young so maybe she can get a job and a home-"

"I wanna come with you!" Y/N smiled standing up with her hands firmly on the table.

"I-I know magic!"

"Magic?" Kaeya repeated "did you get enough to eat?"

"No you dummy! Magic!" She huffed "what else are you supposed to do when your stuck on an island for 7 years?"

"But magic doesn't exist" Diluc said crossing his arms.

"Actually it does, but not the kind you expect" Albedo corrected.

Kaeya and Diluc sighed knowing that Albedo was about to lecture them about this subject for hours.

"In many childhood books, magic is expressed in creatures and spells,"

"Some uncultured folk would even venture to say that magic and alchemy are the same thing" he chuckled.

"But alchemy is confined to the laws of nature and physics while magic has no binds attached to it"

"It is incredibly difficult to master and that is why you don't see a Sorcerer wandering down the streets"

"Magic is also one of those things that can turn on you in the blink of an eye like bio-chemistry"

"If you do not exercise it correctly then it can hurt you and others around you" he explained.

"I hope the cleared up the misunderstanding" Albedo finished.

"What kind of magic do you use?" Kaeya asked.

"Summoning!" She lied

"Miss Y/N, do you mind showing us some of this magic?"

Y/N smile faltered slightly.

"O-Of course!" She stuttered.

Placing her hands up above her head a large golden glowing circle filled with all kinds of ruins formed underneath her.

"Come fourth, sacred guardian beast from the heavens!" She summoned.

A white flash blinded the eyes of stared costumers as a giant beast emerged from behind the small girl.

"Amarok!"

The beast had golden fur and frightening pale blue eyes.

On each paw it looked as if a forest had grown.

"They don't call him a heavenly guardian for nothing" Lydia smiled.

Albedo smiled resting his head on his wrist.

"I don't know why you would lie to me"

Y/N's eyes widened.

"What a beautiful illusion you've mastered"

"I-Illusion?!" Kaeya gasped.

Y/N sighed dripping her arms as the beast disappeared into nothing but smoke.

"Y-You mean that was all fake!?"

"It was magic though, just illusion magic" Albedo smiled.

"I'm proud of you Y/N, learning any kind of magic is hard on its own especially with no teacher" he praised grabbing her hands.

"I think this magic could be of use to us in Epona" Diluc said.

"I heard the city is ruled by a guild after the original ruler was overthrown"

"Maybe we can use these illusions as intimidation material" he offered.

"We'll take her but you have to stay with one of us at all times, this is a very dangerous town" Albedo said lifting the girl into his arms.

"H-Hey I'm old enough to walk on my own you know!" Y/N stuttered.

"Got it?" Albedo asked.

"Got it..."

Albedo squeezed down lightly on the girls torso.

"So Malnourished..." he thought.

"She wouldn't make it half way there on foot"

"I say we stay the night first, then we can head of in the morning" Albedo said.

"Get you a proper bed to sleep in"

᯽✫᯽