Chapter Three

I jump awake with a shock. Standing over me is a beautiful angel. Fall. Next to her is a man with silvery hair and cold, but yet warm eyes. I bound upward. “Wha? Fall, what’s-”

“Shh, come with us,” the man says.

“And why should I do that?” I say defiantly with my hands balled into fists.

The man smirks, “Feisty one, isn’t he?” he says, turning back to Fall.

 Fall nods and speaks, “Please, you must come,”

I blink and for a split second I disagree, “Fine,”

The man looks skeptically at Fall and she just shrugs. “You have already met Fall, I’m Father Frost, or some call me Jack Frost,” he says quietly.

I nod and follow them out into the kitchen, there, I hear a voice. “Foehn? What’s going on?”

I turn to see Raina staring up at me with her questioning deep green eyes. “It’s nothing, I’ll be back soon,”

“Alright,” She says hesitantly walking back to her room.

I sigh with relief and turn back to the two seasons. Fall stares past me with wide eyes as Frost stares at her curiously. “What?”

“I think she saw me, us,” she whimpers.

She clenchs her staff tightly, looking up at Frost. He shakes his head, “It might be so, but there was no word of another Chosen One,”

She blinks and agrees with him. The two lead me outside and into the woods where I first laid eyes on Autumn. They drift slowly through the trees to the small pond from before. There, stand two others, clearly Spring and Summer. They didn’t seem all quiet there with their see through figures. “This is him?” a faint, but deep voice asks.

Frost nods. I shift nervously, glancing away from their gazes. “This is Foehn,” Autumn introduces me.

“Not for long,” Summer says, “Not after the moon chooses who he was meant to be,”

I stare at him, wide eyed. “What? Hey, I didn’t sign up for this,” I growl.

Autumn glares at me pleadingly. Frost’s eyebrows shoots up curiously. The young woman with wheat like hair speaks next, “The mortal has a choice to stay mortal if he may wish. This was all of our choices after all,”

They all turn to me, “What are you talking about? Can some explain to me what The Chosen One even means?”

Frost begins, “The Moon chose you to protect the humans from Darkness, evil. In doing so, you will be of, well, what the moon chose for you. I am of winter and snow as Summer is of summer, Spring is of spring, and Autumn is of fall. We were all chosen to be this, what we are now,”

“How do you become like what the moon says you are meant to be?” I ask skeptically.  

They pause as morning breaks behind the trees. Dawn’s rosy finger tips stretch across the sky. I catch sight of Fall’s honey eyes admiring the beauty of daybreak. She sees my gaze and blushes ever so slightly so no one else saw but me. “Walk with me,” Frost says.

I agree and follow him as he leads me slowly out of range of the others. Once we were far enough, the dawn birds singing in the golden light, we stop. Before Frost speaks he surveys the area, glancing around at the swaying maples. “Fall, I know you are there,” He whispers softly.

She materializes out of a pile of red and golden leaves, her hair shimmering with foliage. She blinks slowly, leaning against her engraved staff of leaves. “Hi,” she says nervously.