Chapter 1: 𝐌𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞

❝ 𝐏𝗼𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐭𝐢𝐠𝐞𝐫 ❞

꧁❁꧂

"Ambassador L/N, how pleasant it is to finally meet you"

Smiled the Magistrate, his wide grin reaching the corners of his cheeks.

"The pleasure is all mine, sir" Y/N smiled as her
H/L H/C hair blew slightly in the wind.

She had tied it back in a simple yet elegant style.

First impressions are always the most important after all.

"Come with me, we have important matters to discuss" said the magistrate as he hastily walked down the hall into a room.

Y/N followed in suit, holding her silk translucent fan over her mouth.

After all, she didn't want to present herself as unladylike in front of the palace.

"Before we begin, I would like to gift you a special painting of the Guzhong Dragon" the magistrate said pulling back a red curtain.

"Oh my, you went through all this trouble for me?" She smiled.

But she was no fool, the only reason he was showing such kindness was because he wanted the emperor.

"I thank you for this humble gift, now shall we begin the conference?" Y/N said softly, her voice like honey.

The two talked for 6 hours over war and business matters.

What a boring discussion it was.

"Papa!" Shouted a small boy.

The magistrates eyes flashed with fear.

"Gaozu! Where is Jiaqing?" He whispered to the child.

Y/N stood up and walked over to the two.

"A-Ambassador!" The magistrate stuttered scared out his mind.

She slowly took the child from out of his arms and held him to her chest.

"W-Who are you" asked the small boy.

"Call me Y/N, what is upsetting you Gaozu?" Y/N hushed his tears.

He showed her a small scratch on his arm and Y/N chuckled.

"Here, if I do this...it would won't hurt anymore" she smiled and gave a light kiss to the wound.

The child rubbed away his tears and smiled.

That's when Jiaqing came running into the room.

"M-Magistrate! I apologize sincerely for this inconvenience. Little Gaozu ran to you immediately after he fell" apologized the "babysitter".

The magistrates scared expression turned to one of fury and rage.

"It's quite alright, besides, this meeting was turning dull" Y/N chuckled.

"E-Eh?!"

Y/N turned to the magistrate.

"Perhaps you are not as boring as the other ambassadors make you out to be" she smiled.

Y/N walked out of the large room past the three men.

"Until next time, Gaozu" she smiled walking back to her carriage.

The carriage immediately began to leave as a stunned magistrate and his servants watched.

Y/N sighed and summoned her large book flipping to a certain page.

"Gaozu of Tang....." she repeated until her finger landed on his name.

"Oh...this will be interesting"

