Part 32

Ava's pov

Pain crippling my body is all I can feel. and finally it's over with one last push. Feeling Maggie's hands inside my stomach. Everything suddenly becomes hazy as Maggie starts to cry out. carl looks shattered. gasps escaping the other peoples mouths.

"Stay awake." Maggie yells fumbling to cut the cord and wrap the baby up. I look around at everyone trying to decipher what's happened.

"Is he okay?" I ask trying to focus on something.

Then it hits me. the baby hasn't cried yet. I try sitting up quickly regretting it. Blood poors everywhere.

Maggie's tears signaling my worst fear.

"I- Im so s-s-orry." Maggie chokes out handing me the baby. a beautiful girl. dark hair, blue eyes. the worst part being she had her eyes open but there wasn't any life in them.

Never being able to see her smile. never having her see her mother,father or brother.

A tear slips down my face. not noticing Maggie trying to patch me up.

It was bad enough the world had come to an end and the dead walked the earth preying on the living. And now the living were preying on each other, Rick could be dead.

But my focus is on the baby that never got to see the light of day. the tears flow more freely. noticing everyone's backed away.

Never had I ever thought I could love someone who I hadn't even seen. I never really thought I'd settle down and now I regret not doing it. she could've had a Good life.

The box cars door slams open. I look over to find rick. the look on his face going from surprised to happiness. he climbs up. then his face drops.

"What happened." he questions maggie. "still born." she says jumping out of the car with everyone. Rick mumbles something to Glenn who picks me up running after the rest of the group.