Chapter 3

Ciel's blue orb went wide in shock. This can't be true. He thought. The bluenette watched as tears fell down the blondes pale cheek. "Y-you're lying, right?" He asked, already knowing the answer.

The blonde shook his head 'no.' "I'm so sorry." Alois whispered softly. Ciel tried his hardest to not let any liquid fall from his eye, for Alois' sake. Even though he couldn't see it.

Ciel grabbed Alois' hand tightly with both of his hands. "Please. Please don't apologize. You did nothing wrong." He reassured the blonde.

"But I have. I kept you waiting for so long. I haven't been there to help you through.-"

Ciel knew what he was going to say, Alois and Sebastian being to only two that know his problem.

"No, no. You helped me get through enough." He smiled. "You've been a great best friend, thank you." Ciel wiped the remaining tears from his face.
Alois smiled as he opened his eyes once again. Ciel stared into them, hypnotizing him with it's bright color.

But then they closed.

"Ciel, what have you been doing when I was asleep?" Alois asked with a smile that was certainly returned.

The bluenette let go of his hand. "I've been coming to see you."

"I'm for real, Ciel. I really want to know."

"I'm not lying. I came here as much as I could for the past 5 years. I was not planning on leaving your side, and still not planning on doing that."

Alois chuckled. The blondes speech wasn't fully developed from sleeping for so long, sometimes he would pause and try to remember a word or his voice would give out.

"W-wasn't it boring?"
"Nope. Even if you couldn't answer when I talked to you, I was still glad that you were still here."

Alois smiled more as he opened his eyes and faced the voice.
"Thank you so much for not leaving me alone. I'm glad I have a a-awesome best friend like you." Ciel ruffled the blonde hair and chuckled.

"Hey, do you remember how I look?" The bluenette questioned. Alois closed his eyes and thought for a moment.

"Your eye is a dark shade of blue like the night sky or the color of the ocean when it's night. And you have one unique purple eye that you should not hide. Blackish, blueish hair. And a adorable baby face." Alois giggled.

Ciel blushed from embarrassment. "I am not adorable! And I don't look like a baby!" Alois giggled more.

"Do you still wear your eyepatch?" The blonde questioned.
"Y-yeah."

"Can I feel it?" The bluenette nodded and grabbed Alois' weak hand to guide him too it. Alois rubbed the cloth and smiled.
It was soft like he remembered it. Alois pulled the lose eyepatch off from his head and giggled. "That's much better." He smiled.

Ciel smiled as well but covered his eye with his hand which made Alois frown.

"Ciel, even though I can't see you, I have a feeling you're covering your eye."

"H-how did you-?"
Alois huffed out, feeling very weak at the moment as he clutched the eyepatch in his hand. "Please don't cover your eye. It's too wonderful to be always covered behind this thing."

Ciel took the eyepatch from his weak hand and tide it back around his head. "Maybe one day, but not now, I'm not ready."

They both conversed with each other, with Ciel telling Alois all the things that happened in the 5 years and some of the things Ciel had said to Alois while he was in a coma.

This lasted for about a good 2 hours. They talked to each other like they always have when they were younger.

Alois was about to ask him something but then someone knocked on the door and the smell of strawberries invaded his nose as someone walked in.

"Here you go." The deep voice said, making Alois jumped.
"It's fine, it's just Sebastian." Ciel said.

The blonde smiled. "Hi Sebastian. I missed you."
Sebastian smiled back. "So have I. Why won't you open your eyes?" Ciel stared at him with a glare.

"Oh, it's because... Well, I'm blind n-now." He still had his smile on his face.
Sebastian looked shocked. "I'm very sorry to hear that... I'm going to go talk to the doctor."
Ciel nodded and watched Sebastian leave the room. The bluenette opened the container which contained a strawberry treat.

He grabbed the fork that was inside. Alois had a confused face as he listened to the noise that was going on, on his right side. But the room did smell good.
"Would you like some?" Ciel questioned.
"What is it?"
"Strawberry cake." Alois smiled as he remembered when he was younger, him, Ciel, and a girl would beg Sebastian to make them that dessert.
"Yes, please!" He sounded excited even though his voice wasn't all that developed yet.
"Alright, say 'ah.'" Ciel put the fork with cake on it in front of Alois.

"Wait, what? I'm not a baby, Ciel?"
"I know, but how else are you going to eat it?"
"But-"
"Just let your best friend feed you." Ciel smirked.
"Fine." Alois pouted. "Ah~"

Ciel placed the fork into Alois' mouth and pulled it back once he ate the cake.

He continued to feed him, enjoying the look of happiness on his face. Ciel only had a few bites as he gave the rest to the blonde.

"Do you want some tea?" Ciel asked as he took a small bite of the cake.
Alois nodded.
The bluenette opened the small jug and pressed it against Alois' soft lips. He drank the cold strawberry tea with joy. He remembered this taste as well. Once he was done, Ciel cleaned the mess from the dessert they both shared.

The bluenette chuckled as he wiped the crumbs from Alois' face.
"Sorry you had to feed me." Alois said quietly.
"No worries, I'm just glad you liked it." He smiled at him. "Do you mind opening your eyes again?"

Alois shook his head and opened his eyes. He crystal blue eyes stared straight at Ciel, even though he couldn't see him. Ciel smiled warmly. He was going to say something but a tear fell from his eye. Ciel quickly wiped it but more came out.

"Ciel?" Alois questioned as he heard him sniffle. The blonde closed his eyes shut in fear that the color upset his friend. When he was younger, he was told how the color of his eyes were a curse, disgusting, not normal, and filthy. Alois believed it. Some people would compliment him or just stare which made him become insecure.

"I'm sorry. I-it's just that..." Ciel choked. "I really missed y-you." The bluenette wiped his face and smiled at the blonde.

Sebastian walked in once again. "While talking to the doctor, he said Alois would be able to leave in three days, depending on how he's feeling." Ciel smiled widely and wiped the remaining tears from his face so Sebastian wouldn't notice. "We should be going as well."

That smile Ciel had was completely gone and so was Alois'. "Why?" The bluenette asked sternly.

"You have a meeting to attend to about the company." Ciel groaned.
"Can we just reschedule. I want to stay here, or you can attend for me." He looked at Sebastian like he wanted him to choose the second option.

"Very well, I will be back tonight. And don't plan a way to stay the night like last time." Sebastian said sternly while Ciel cursed under his breath. Sebastian left and the bluenette looked at Alois once again.

"Thanks for not leaving me alone."

"I wouldn't dream of doing such thing."