[Chapter Intermission] - A Rose For My Rose

Legend:
(Y/N) - Your Name

===========================

Please be advised that this chapter isn't canon to the main story. Thank you.

(Your POV)

Jesus fucking Christ. There's so much chocolate, flowers, balloons, and stuffed animals EVERYWHERE. I mean... I guess this is what I should expecting when Valentine's day is literally around the corner. The streets of Vale were extremely packed with people trying to get their hands on their last minute gifts for their loved ones.

Which... Included my team.

Samuel: Maybe I should give her a card with a love pun in it.

Maxwell: You're so cheesy.

Samuel: I'm not cheesy, I'm Samuel.

Shai: You walked into that one.

Maxwell: (groans in annoyance)

(Y/N): I'm pretty sure Yang would love it, knowing her.

Tatsumatsu: The gift, or the pun?

The four of us were walking by multiple ships were they were having last minute sales at their shops. Shai looked like he was lost in thought, so I called out to him.

(Y/N): Hey Shai, what's up?

Shai: Hmm? Oh, it's nothing... I was just wondering what gift I should get Blake though... Do you guys got any ideas?

Maxwell: How about a cat plu-

Shai: No Maxwell I'm not giving her a cat plushie.

(Y/N): (chuckles) I bet she'll love a laser pointer.

As I laughed a little, Shai just sighed in desperation.

Shai: C'mon guys, I'm serious! I really don't have a clue of what to give her...

Samuel: Well, how about a new book? I heard that the newest volume of that "Ninjas of Love" series that Blake reads was released today.

Shai: Wait really?!

(Y/N): Oh yeah, and since most of the people right now are buying Valentine's day gifts, I'm pretty sure you can get your hands on one at the library pretty easily.

Shai: That's a great idea! I'll see you all in a bit!

He then takes off in the opposite direction from the way we were walking.

(Y/N): (chuckles) Well that takes care of that.

Samuel: What about you Maxwell? Got a gift for "Weiss Cream"?

Despite the obvious pun, Maxwell just shrugged it off and itched the back of his neck in nervousness.

Maxwell: Well... You see the thing is...

Samuel: You mean you didn't got her anything yet? C'mon dude, we've been passed by a least twenty stores, and you still haven't thought of anything?

Maxwell: That's the thing! She could literally buy anything she wants, whenever she wants to! I just REALLY want this gift to be special dammit!

(Y/N): How about you take her on a date? You haven't been able to take her on dates lately because of classes and shit.

Maxwell: Well that does seem like a good idea... But where do I take her?