Grace

Tom managed to knock out a Skitter and drag it back to the high school before going to look for Hal and Skyelar. Today they are transporting it down into the basement to study it and to keep it away from the civilians. Weaver sent Skyelar on recon with Maggie and a few others, mostly to keep an eye on Maggie and report back to Weaver. Skyelar trusts Maggie and she told the blonde just that while on recon. "What took you so long?" Weaver asks as the girls round the corner. "Recon takes longer on foot," Maggie answers. "The transportation issue's being addressed. What's your report?" It sounds as though Weaver dismissed Maggie and directed the question at Skyelar. Skyelar looks over to Maggie before speeding up to speak to Weaver. "We saw some harnessed kids being led into that hospital off of Route 2," Skyelar tells him. "The same hospital you saw before?" This time the question is directed at Maggie, but he stares straight ahead. Maggie nods to confirm.

              "It looks like they're still using it as a home base. And one of your fighter jocks thought they saw Mason's kid, Skyelar couldn't confirm though," Maggie informs. "They were too far for me to tell," Skyelar admits sadly. "Any sign of Karen?" Weaver asks as they turn the corner. "Didn't see her," Maggie states. "Right. Dismissed. Bishop, go find Tom. I'm sending you with him to find more bikes. "Skyelar nods at Weaver before bidding Maggie a goodbye. She finds Tom quickly and he looks confused to see her. "Hey. What are you doing here? Didn't you just get back from recon?" Tom asks her. "Yeah, and Weaver told me to find you. And I don't mind, you know I like to keep busy. Plus, I like motorcycles," Skyelar says as she checks her ammo clip. "Okay," Tom says and leads her outside. The chili air nips at her face once again, the hairs framing her face tickling her cheeks. She managed to find some clothes that fit her that morning, not wanting to stay in her grimy clothes. She now wears a black spaghetti strap tank top under a grey long-sleeved shirt. She wears a new, untorn pair of dark skinny jeans, and her trusty boots from before. Anne was nice enough to find a black zip-up hoodie to go under her leather jacket. Her hair is up in a messy bun, not caring to braid it that morning.

              "We ready?" Tom asks as he pats Hal's shoulder. "Ready," Dai answers. Skyelar rolls her eyes when she sees that Pope is coming too. "Dad!" The youngest Mason comes running from the school and stops between Skyelar and Hal, looking at his dad. "Matt, what are you doing here? You should be in class," Tom says. "I ditched when I heard you were leaving. I want to come with you," Skyelar notes the backpack on Matt's back. "Sorry, shrimp. You have to be that tall to ride," Hal teases, holding his hand about an inch above Matt's head. "But I mean it. I wanna help," Matt insists. "You are helping by going to class, keeping an eye on things while Hal, Skye, and I are gone," Tom tells him. "But I can fight, too. Some of the other kids are learning how to load guns, even shoot," Matt urges. "Well, that's the other kids," Tom says, he's heard all of this before. "But Dad-," Matt tries to argue. "Matt, I said no. We'll be back soon. Go on. Back to class. Scott, will you take him?" Before Scott takes Matt inside, Skyelar offers him a fist bump. "See you soon Little M." He bumps her fist with a sad look on his face.

              "You're not doing your boy any favors, you know. Skitters come knocking, the kid should at least have a chance to defend himself," Pope says to Tom who approaches him with gas cans in his hands. "If I want any parenting advice from an ex-con, I'll ask for it," Tom says lowly before shoving a gas can into Pope's hand and walking away. Skyelar holds her gun in front of her as she walks beside Anthony. "What's on your mind, Mr. Blue Sky?" Skyelar smiles fondly at the nickname he gave her; it was one of her favorite songs. "Uh...it's just... It's none of my business that Tom doesn't want Matt to use a gun. And as much as I hate to admit it, I agree with Pope. I never taught Lucy how to shoot and look what happened. She couldn't protect herself from the Skitters. I can't help but think that that is my fault," she admits. "Well, when we get her back, maybe you can teach her," Anthony suggests. "Yeah, I think I might. Thanks, Anthony."