(8)

"Good morning Sero. You seem more tired than usual, is everything okay?" Iida asks as I walk into the kitchen.

"Morning, and I'm fine 3 am nightmare is all."

"Oh! Are you alright? Do you want to talk about it?"

"Aw, you're sweet. But I'm fine. I'm not the one that had the nightmare."

"Ah, I see."

"What's with the papers?"

"Ah, well seeing as you are involved in our classmates' case, we should be able to tell you."

"The pros hit a standstill. Last night the man they had been ranting that he had almost (the whole set) was found dead three towns over." It was Deku that spoke this time. That tracks though, put the blame on the lackey and then kill them to get off scot-free. "However Ghost also made a sudden appearance last night and broke into a chemical security factory."

"Ghost?" Is that what they call me? That does explain why Mom said they met their Ghost problem last night.

"Here, Ghost is a vigilante that's practically unheard of despite being around for 5-6 years." No way they made a file on me. "Nothing is known about them, not even their quirk. The pros that do know of them have dubbed their quirk vanishing. Ghost is a thief known for stealing information and then vanishing. The pros don't think it's related but Ghost showing up again after almost a year of not being around. And so soon after Kacchan and the others show up as kids. It's worth at least looking into."

"Ghost's whole thing is information. We think they may know more about what's happening than anyone else." I'm not surprised the two of them are figuring it out faster than any pro.

"I don't think finding them will be easy."

"Sero, good your awake. Come with me. I need to have a word with you." Aizawa said as he started to walk away. Turning around occasionally to make sure I was following. He leads me to a room. Please don't know that I left last night.

"It's a little early to be on call what's up?" I freeze as I see not just Aizawa but Present Mic and All might too. Shit, they know something. "Uh is something wrong?" They all look pissed.

"Depending on what you say in the next five minutes will determine your future as a hero." They don't know about last night, good. I thought right before the world came crashing down around me as I saw the paper Aizawa was handing me.

Murder charges dropped on nine-year-old after circus massacre.

"What?"

"You have a lot of explaining to do young Sero."

"Sirs I can"

"We don't want excuses. You murdered a man and were involved in the slaughter of twenty-four other people." Mic says right before I hear someone run away from the door. But the adults didn't notice so I'll have to address it later. But at the moment I'm just pissed.

"Forty"

"What?"

"Forty members of my family were killed in that attack. Twenty-four was the number of them dead before any cops or pro heroes showed up. This article was poorly written. My involvement was that my home is the circus. That a mutant hate group attacked US. I was nine and I did what I had to, for my sibling and me to survive." The teachers now just looked sorry for bringing the subject up at all. I walk back to the commons and heard my classmates talking.

——————————☀️🌕——————————
Thanks for reading. All my love and appreciation to all my guys, gals, and nonbinary pals for all supporting votes and reads.

615 words