SOMETHING TOLD ME IT WAS YOU...

DISCLAIMER: This story is a pure work of fiction. I don't claim anything portrayed here as the reality. If you find something offensive, forgive my mistake and kindly enjoy the story. I've tried my best to put my imagination into it. Love y'all _ J 💜

_______________________________________

15 Jan 2021:

Why's it gotta feel like I'm walkin' a tightrope?
Why you wanna see how far I fall?
'Cause I'm already up here and I got my eyes closed
And I ain't never fell from a love this tall
Are you ready? 'Cause I'm ready to let go
Never thought that I'd be ready again
Guess there's somethin' 'bout the neon and red glow
Got me thinkin' 'bout givin' all in

As the album hit the different countries of the world according to the varied time zones, the odd yet comforting feeling washed over Zayn as he waited for his personal favourite song to hit the charts or rather hit the charts of one particular listener. He was always very strong opinionated and likes to tune his own chords into his songs. He may seem as a naive, cute, happily in love guy who stays and finds comfort with the Hadid clan. But something that only his own fans know about him is that he's the designer of his own life, he sets his life, he sets the pace, he steers the wheel. He just admitted that true notion about him with one of the tracks on the album, "Unfuxkwitable". He warned that he's not someone to mess around. He's not someone you dare to play with.

As he sat, rocking in his chair, his hands trembled and his whole body went into mild shivers. The only streak of light that illuminated the bedroom was the cute little handmade lantern that one of his friends had gifted him upon their return from Germany. Dobby, his cat, his warrior, his companion at lonely days understood his anxious behaviour and got up from its comfortable bed in the corner and sat next to his feet that were firmly planted on the floor, nuzzling and finding comfort on its own. Zayn looked down at the tiny creature which never fails to amuse him at how it stick with him no matter how down he feels.

His eyes wandered across the almost empty room, as his eyes fixated on his fate machine, also known as the clock. He saw it was 2:45 in the morning, which meant still fifteen minutes to go for the test of his life; he just hopes he successfully conveys the message that he had soulfully and genuinely put in the lyrics. His fist tightly clenched onto his mobile as his eyes started blurring with water.

It was quarter to four here in Philadelphia, which meant the album had dropped forty five minutes ago in Los Angeles; where his listener was based out of. He repeatedly looked at his phone, with concern and desperation, which later changed to hurt and pain when it was quarter past four. He knew that the curly haired guy would listen it intently and repeatedly, trying to decipher what he was conveying but his fast beating heart, clammy hands and profusely sweating forehead didn't help in controlling himself. He finally stood, unable to be seated at one place anymore, and started pacing around the dimly lit room, longingly waiting for the screen to light up. Thirty more minutes passed by and he was close to giving up when his phone vibrated with a text. He picked it up happily, grinning widely and opened the message app only for his smile to fall.

H🌻

You up?

That was it. That was the message from someone he had been patiently waiting for. But still he didn't let it put him down, he smiled again before he dialled the number, waiting for the other side to pick up. His heart beat with every single ring of the dial tone.

"Hey", the deep voice spoke after a couple of rings, his voice thick and rough as though he had cried.

"You heard it?", Zayn questioned softly, fearing that a little louder would break any barricades he had put to stop the flooding of his eyes.