Chapter 6: Betty - It's been a Long Time

Word of the day - lascivious

Previously on Lost in the Memory......

Emily was a bit hesitant to read the next chapter as she knew vaguely that there might be some explicit content involved in high school parties. Anyways, she mustered up her courage and decided to read Betty's entry. She would skip the pages in case the story got explicit.

On the other hand, Augustine went to the Police Station to report the incident in the woods and helped them create a sketch. Augustine later convinced everyone to go to Inez's party where she was the only one who wasn't invited. James decided to stay back with her which was met with a backlash from Augustine. Betty and James assured her that it was the right thing to do.

And, now......

I checked my watch, it showed three minutes to seven. I can't be late. I am never late.

"My Nana can run faster than this!" I yelled.

"Then why don't you ask your Nana to carry you on your back and take you to wherever in the three worlds you want to go!" James yelled as he hit the gas harder, and I was pushed back due to inertia.

"Faster!"

"I don't want to be pulled over by the cops," he screamed as he drove faster.

Okay, let me take you on a tour, thirty minutes behind in time.

"Where's my hat?" I yelled, scuttling around the house in my crocs with a little puppy face on it. My mom kept following me like a newborn chicken that follows the first face it sees.

"Why are you following me, mom? Look somewhere else!"

"Hey! Young  Lady! This is a narrow corridor, and you are the one going where I decided to look for." She said crossing her eyes.

"Are you even listening to yourself? No time to argue now!"

I ran towards the kitchen as I recalled placing the hat on the island only to find the island clean and empty. I silently cursed under my breath.

Dad suddenly exclaimed and whistled in the living room. He was watching football, and probably it was a touchdown for his team. 

There was a honk outside my house. I cursed my luck. I hurried upstairs to my room and met my mom halfway on the stairs. She was coming down.

"It isn't there,"

"Thanks for saving my —" it was a notification on my phone. 

Late?

James asked. I turned livid and replied,

coming, idiot!

I had promised him that I would be on time if he would chauffeur me to Inez's house. Now, I would have to hear the end of it, only if I could find the hat. As I walked down the stairs, dad cheered again. I paced up my steps towards the living room only to find him lying on the bean bag with chips and soda next to him, wearing the cowboy hat that I had been looking for all this time. I was infuriated. There was a honk outside followed by two more in rapid succession. James was adding insult to injury. 

"One more honk Mr. Sweetpants and you will be going home without one!!" I yelled blue murder and fixed my eyes at my dad. He froze after he heard me scream and having his daughter mad at him for doing something that he doesn't recall. He smiled with discomfort and said, "Hey honey, weren't you supposed to be at a party?" 

I rolled my eyes and took the hat from the top of his head. "I'll deal with you later, Dad," I said walking away. 

My mom walked me to the gate. James was blasting music. Although he wore headphones, one could hear him from several blocks away. I tapped on his head surprising him and he gave out a shriek like a puppy. I burst into laughter.