Chapter 1: Betrayed

The titans were fast asleep. All the titans, except for Robin. He was not in the tower... Suddenly, the crime alert started to make noise. "Trouble!", yelled Cyborg. Beast Boy ignored the alert and just kept snoozing. Raven grabbed Beast Boy by the shirt and dragged him downstairs. The Teen Titans were ready for combat. The team raced to the crime scene. It was a robbery at Wayne Enterprises. The villain that had been stealing from Wayne Enterprises had turned out to be the leader of the titans, Robin. The team gasped. Robin looked like the guy he hated the most. Starfire's heart broke. The titans were unready to attack the boy who was once their leader. Robin attacked them and took advantage of when they held back. Starfire was hurt the most. Not on the outside, but on the inside.

At the tower...

"I do not understand.", said Starfire sitting on the gray couch. "He would never.", sighed Cyborg. The titans began wondering. What caused him to work for Slade? Maybe he was mind controlled? No, he would be able to resist. Why did he do this? The team had lots of thoughts going around in their mind. They had a chat and their decision was to try to see what was going on.

At the lair...

Robin handed Slade the stolen object. "You could have chosen someone else.", Robin mumbled hoping Slade would not hear. "I heard that.", mentioned Slade. Robin rolled his eyes at the man. "I chose you because nobody else in the team can beat you. You are smart, strong, and courageous.", Slade explained to him. Robin did not care what he said. All he wanted was Slade to let him go so he could return to his friends. Slade was cunning. Who knew what else he had in mind? "Go train.", Slade ordered. Robin followed Slade's orders and went to train. He would have to harm his friends on the next mission, and he knew that.

---------------------------------------Author's Note: I am working to fix the story because I did not like the first version. I hope you enjoy!