Day 1

I wake up in the morning tired from the night before. Today is the first day of 30 days that I have to learn all about the outside world. Armin seems quiet as I walk into the room with him and Yelena. He has his nose buried in a foreign looking book, probably from Yelena. 

"Welcome Y/N, How did you sleep?" Yelena says and flashes me that smile.

What is it with that smirk she gives me, it makes me feel kind of...jittery?

"Uh..it was ok I guess," I say stumbling over words. She looks down and laughs a little before standing up. 

Wow she is tall...She towers over me and I'm pretty tall for 18 years old here in Paradis Island. That's what Yelena calls it...Paradis Island. She walks over to me and I cant help but to stiffen a little. When she is close enough, I can smell her perfume and wow does she smell good. She holds out a sword to me and says, "I'm going to teach you about the techniques of sword fighting with humans today. 

Armin looks over as Yelena defeats me over and over again. The scouts teach combat but it's not too heavily focused on fighting other humans. I made it into the team with the most protected person in the walls, Eren, because of my fighting skills. I've killed 50 titans in my first year of being a scout and cleared out an entire village by myself before. 

"I was told you were cunning and good at combat Y/N, am I just better?" Yelena says as she defeats me for what has to be the 30th time. I jump back up and say, "I'm good at fighting titans, I've never fought a human with a sword before." She smiles and goes in for another victory when I notice her strategy. Its pretty simple as I think about it. She goes in with a right swing, opening up my left side when I block...then she swiftly hits me from my left side as I try to block it and then knocks out my feet. She is very fast but If I were able to block the right swing and dodge the right by ducking at just the right time, her stomach would be completely unprotected because of her wide swings.

So I time it, Block the right then duck, as I duck I knock her with the other edge of the sword hard into her stomach. It knocks her over and I widen my eyes. I did it, I defeated her. "Well Y/N, You are cunning and quite fast as well. I tried a normal strategy that we are taught as soldiers and after a while, you saw right through it. I could make a better soldier out of you," She says as she jumps back up with a smirk. I smile a little at her praise and she quickly knocks me over again. "Don't take your mind off your enemy, You might get hurt." Yelena says almost in a whisper and helps me back up.

I spend the rest of the day looking through different strategies Yelena tries on me in combat. Soon she tells me that I got down all of the basic sword combat strategies and we sit down with Armin. "You did great Y/N" Armin says with a smile and Yelena nods. Yelena hands me a small book and leaves to go make us a tea that she says we as island dwellers don't have.

Later that night, I sit in bed awake reading the small book I was handed. It had so many great mysteries about the world inside. when I flip to the next page, I drop the book by accident and a paper falls out. 

I read it out loud, "When you get to page 300 which this paper is in, tell me and we will start a new lesson on the world."

I wonder what the new lesson could be as I go back to reading and then eventually fall asleep.