Chapter 5- Night Terrors

Naruto POV

 All of the senseis have been watching me like hawks for the past day, and no one has really noticed, just like no one notices how I drop all of my knives in front of Kakashi and Asuma's tent, or how Kakashi gives them back to me in the morning, just like no one noticed I existed for the first years of my life. Right now we are walking, nothing new, the senseis looking at me every now and then, Sakura trying to flirt with Sasuke, super-glued onto his arm, me and Ino talking about random stuff, Shikamaru looking around, bored, and everyone else just doing their own thing. We are almost in Suna, we are going to be staying there for a couple days for a few reasons. First, we want to see how Gaara, Kankuro, and Temari are doing, we voted on it, and almost everyone wanted to go and see them. Second, the senseis want to go to a village so they can write to Granny about what they figured out about me. Last, we are all getting a little tired of camping, and it will be nice to sleep in a bed, or well in my case, try to sleep in a bed and instead probably lay awake.

When we arrive outside of Suna, Temari is talking with the guards on duty about the education system. When she sees us, her face stretches into a bright smile and she waves, we go right in because the guards knew that Temari knew us and would let us in. We walk through the streets listening to Temari talk, well, in my case, half-listening, until I hear my name. "Hey Naruto, do you wanna see Gaara?" Temari calls out to me.

"Yeah! I haven't seen Gaara in a long time!" I yell with a bright smile

"OK, we have to go this way then." Temari says, taking a sudden left. We all follow her, and we arrive at the Kazekage tower shortly. Temari opens the door and gestures for us to go before her, and she tells us to go to the top. We did as we were told and went to the top of the tower, when we got there, we knock on the door and hear a muffled Gaara say, "Come In." We open the door and Gaara's eyes widen in surprise, because he obviously was not expecting us to be in Suna. He stays like that for a few more seconds before saying,"Hi, what brings you all here?" we all smile and greet him and Kakashi says, "Tsunade sent us on a bonding mission, and we wanted to stop by Suna and say hello to you and your siblings." Gaara nods in understanding and asks, "Would you like to stay with me and my siblings, if you guys stay in Suna for that long?" The senseis say yes and bow before we all turn to leave before I hear from behind me, "Wait Naruto, can you stay behind? It seems like we haven't talked in a while." I turn around and nod and tell the others to leave and that it is okay. They all go out of the room, shutting the door behind them and going down the stairs, probably to get food. As soon as they are out of earshot Gaara's face turns into a look of dead seriousness. "So what's up with you?" he asks.

"What do you mean?" I reply.

"You're acting off, not smiling a lot, being quieter than usual."

"Um, I don't know I'm tired I guess."

"Well that's pretty apparent."

"What do you mean?"

"Your dark circles are almost as noticeable as mine!"

"Uh, what are you talking about, I don't have dark circles." 

"Yes you do, I can see them!"

"You must not be seeing my eyes right then."

"You're lying!"

"No I am not!"

"Yes you are, I can tell just by looking at your face."

"OK, fine maybe I was lying, but I just haven't been able to sleep right." I say, finally giving up. He looks at me and asks with genuine curiosity and worry, "Well why aren't you able to sleep right?"