002

CHAPTER TWO
"i know that you got daddy issues, and i do too."
"soda tends to get sticky."

o HALLWAYS o

"wear something nice. we're gonna bury you in it." chico's voice rang through the hallway, everyone watching the situation unfold. billy skated by on his skateboard, with a cup of soda in his hand. it quickly got snatched out of his hands by chico. the liquid poured down marcus' head, dripping all on his body, forming a puddle at his shoes.

the bell rang for first period and the hallway clears out quickly. marcus cursed as he slammed his locker door shut. laurie went up to the wet boy, careful not to step in the soda puddle. he looked at her and then back down at his shoes.

"come to make fun of me?" he asked, not meeting her eyes. laurie scoffed and grabbed his hand. "where are we going?"

she led them down another hallway, knocking on the door. it swung open, and revealed master lin sitting at his desk. he looked at marcus then back at laurie. "ran into a bit of a problem." laurie waved her hands in front of a soaked marcus. "may be a bit late for your class." master lin nodded and grabbed his cane, getting ready to go teach his lesson.

laurie took marcus to his room, opening his door. his room was tiny, but it was cozy. "get changed." he nodded and shut the door. after about two minutes he came out, his hair still wet. laurie scoffed then drug him to her room, pulling him inside.

"am i allowed to be in here?" he asked, as laurie sat him down, on what he assumed to be her bed. he looked on her night stand, noticing a picture of her and maria at a festival, holding teddy bears, and feeding each other cotton candy.

"just hush." she said as she walked into her bathroom, pulling out her hair dryer and combs. she noticed marcus looking at the picture and let a smile fall on her lips. he noticed her watching and quickly put the picture down. "sorry." he muttered.

she gave him a small laugh and plugged the hair dryer up. "no sweat." she began to brush through his brown locks, drying it along the way. after finishing his hair, she quickly used a wet rag to wipe his sticky shoes off. "soda tends to get sticky." marcus laughed and watched as laurie put away her things.

"so i'm guessing your name is laurie?" he asked. she realized she never properly introduced herself, and she nodded. they walked out of her room, marcus making sure she locked it and that she had her key.

"well my real name is lorelai. but everyone calls me laurie." she sighed as marcus nodded. "i guess it easier to say." she suggested, never really knowing the reason people called her laurie.

"i like it." marcus said, as they walked to the classrooms door. "thanks."

~~~
o AP BLACK ARTS o

"World War I was started by a teenager, whom had a pistol. a serbian peasant who chose to assassinate archduke franz ferdinand." master lin began his lesson, dismissing laurie and marcus coming late, as he knew they would be. laurie and marcus could both see brandy lynn, the girl laurie hated the most, writing down on a ripped off piece of paper. "set in motion the cumulating of the two world wars, and today's cold war." lin continued, yet to notice brandy.

she pacssed the note to marcus, giving him a smirk and a raise of her eyebrows. he went to reach for it, but master lin's stick got there first. marcus whipped his hand back, holding it close to his chest.