Awakening

A girl woke up on hellish plains, surrounded by red fires and blood-stained grass. Large red trees reached up for many times her height, pointing up to the red ceiling of the world. Lava poured from the ceiling here and there, flowing down into an infinitely-larger pit below. Looking around her, she found herself at the base of a black, stone-like frame that was rectangular in shape. Pieces of it were missing, and some of the black, stone-like material were infested with streaks of blue. In the distance, hills of red, blue and brown spanned far. The occasional blue flame would be enough to see minuscule details at such ranges, but for the most part, the distance was obscured by fog.

Skill Acquired: [Rangefinder] Lv.1
— You can see at greater distances more clearly.

Th foggy aura decreased as she looked around, wondering where the voice had come from, but find8ng no source, stopped searching. Standing up, she initially stumbled. She couldn't remember anything of her life... even walking was difficult at first. The balance of her body seemed off. Her grey hair dropped down in front of her eyes and temporarily blinded her until she swept it away. There was an odd weight to her head; reacher her hands up, she felt two horns... they weren't particularly large, but they were there.

Unsure of where she was, the girl began to walk. She passed through the peaceful crimson forest, taking in her surroundings. Everything was calm... but despite the fires around her, she felt so cold. She couldn't move anymore, and looking down, she saw that she had been impaled by two spikes. Falling down to the ground, the spikes slipped out of her body, allowing her to look at her attacker. A grotesque pig-like monster with large tusks. Rather than give her chance to run away, the beast cracked down on her, lifting one of its legs, and brought it down on her head, crushing her skull.

Skill Acquired: [Undying]
— You come back to life after you die, resurrected at your previous safe zone.

The cold went away, and the girl awoke back at the stone-like frame. Her body ached, and for a few minutes, she laid on the ground, curled up and clutching where she had previously been impaled. There were no wounds. Surprisingly, there was no pain in her head, where she assumed the final blow had taken place; perhaps because that had been the blow to kill her, she didn't feel it. When she tried to cry out from the pain of her previous impalement, no voice came out. No sound, no words... just silence. She couldn't communicate.

She stood up again, but this time, changed her direction. Passing through the broken frame, she went the opposite way to her previous life. She wasn't going to make the same mistake twice. As she walked, and walked, and walked, she noticed that the giant red trees eventually stopped, and she passed into some sort of desert. The sand was brown and hard to walk through, and the same blue fires she saw earlier laid scattered here and there. In the distance, she could see a humanoid entity — though pale and thin— walking around. A person, perhaps? If there was someone out here, then maybe she could find shelter with them.

Despite the difficulties moving through the sand, she persisted, and moved ever-closer to the entity... until she came to a stop. The entity turned to face her. It was some sort of skeleton, and in its hand was a bow. Though it seemed to have no arrows, when it pulled back the string, an arrow magically formed. It was aiming at her. With the sand slowing her movement, she was unable to dodge out of the way in time, and was struck by an incoming arrow, dead-centre. Then another. And another. Periodically, the skeleton shot arrows into her body, knocking her down into the sand. Even when she was down, grasping for air and reaching out to it, the skeleton continued.

Eventually, the pain overcame her body, and everything became black again. The cold overtook her body once more, and when her life eventually faded, her body was absorbed by the sand, and dissolved.