Chapter One - Dreams and Nightmares

!! Possible Blood TW until ☾ Symbol !!
-

"Sir, Sir! Sir please have mercy on me!"

The poor man begged. The poor man begged until his heart was the only thing he could offer. His aspirations and achievements laid out before him, yet that didn't give a flick of mercy.

"Is it money you want?! I can give you stacks and stacks of cash, just please, spare me!"

He was too naive. How could he be so oblivious to know his efforts at life wouldn't save him? The more he pleaded, the more hostility drained into the smaller males veins.
As the man pleaded, his body slammed against the dead-end of the hallway, his feet shuffling as if he had an exit from his fate. Horror filled his eyes, veins and all.

"Sir please, I have a family-"

Crraacckk...
Drip... drip...

Just like that, the metal ball shot through the air, ricocheting off the Mafia members skull. Blood splattered in every direction from the impact, followed by the notorious sound of shattering bone. The smaller man; adorned in a black hoodie and sweatpants; leaned down to pick up the bloodied  sphere. The leftover crimson trickled down his knuckles every so slowly, as his eyes scanned the still man before him.
The terror still in his eyes. His mouth wide open as it caught the blood spouting from his forehead like a fountain.

That's when the room fell silent. No more screams filled the halls, no more grown men pleading in his ears. Just him, the racket, and his murder weapon.
But that wouldn't be for long.
Someone called the police.
A bystander. He thought he planned against this.

Tires whirred to a stop against asphalt and doors were rammed closed. Canine sniffing and paw steps on tile filled the halls, beating chaotically with the flaring reds and blues and cacophonous sirens.
Yet, he stood in place, almost unchanged. He had accepted his fate.

The canine was released from its leash, dashing towards him, whilst his back was turned and he couldn't visibly see the mutt, it's presence lingered in the air.
It's jaws opened as it let out howls and barks, shaking him up for a moment as it came unanticipated.

"DROP YOUR WEAPONS!"

The order echoed through the hallway as footsteps halted. Flashlights illuminated the dark, tunnel like room. That's when he turned around, releasing the racket and stained sphere from his grip.
The flashlights flared straight into his eyes, blinding him for a split second until he adjusted to the outlandish light. His blindness gave the officers a chance to cuff his wrists, a manly voice then whispering into his ear.

"From now on, what you say or do can be used against you in court."

The last bit of rage hit him as he shook his entire body violently, attempting to break free from the grip of the officer. Another stepped in, holding his shoulders firmly.

It all happened in an instant from there. His bloody self was drug from the hallway, sirens growing louder and lights glistening in his eyes.

"And I had a family too.." He mumbled....

And that's when Ryoma awoke. His back instantly shut up from the pillows behind him, his breathing heavy as he attempted to catch it. Another nightmare, one of something he wished he didn't remember.

He held a hand to his forehead, grumbling to himself as he sat in the position for a long moment. The morning sunlight filtered over his linen sheets, the crisp breeze flapping the curtains calmly. He released his head from his grip, gazing around the apartment.

His eyes landed on the digital alarm clock across the room.
9:15AM.
Overslept again. Dense.

He pushed his shaken self out of bed, feeling the sheets rub against exposed skin. At about 3'5" tall, his feet thumped against the ground as he flopped himself out of the bed. Thankfully, being his side made it so even a twin bed was large.

He didn't have a mirror, he disliked looking at himself unless it was in the bathroom, which then, he didn't exactly have a choice, so he avoided there at all costs. Hoshi pulled open the lowest drawer of his wardrobe, gazing at the clothing he had set up for himself to wear. Black hoodie. His eyes laid on a black hoodie.

He grumbled and slammed the drawer shut, opening the one next to him instead. Inside sat his usual attire, a biker like leather jacket, prison striped pants and shirt of navy blue and onyx black, and a black beanie with two tennis rackets stitched on the front, but the most interesting thing about it was the two spikes that poked out the top, one too many people had compared them to cat ears, which he didn't mind, it was his soft spot anyway.

He threw off his sleep shirt and switched it for his new one, throwing on the leather jacket afterwards and popping his collar. He moved to put his pants on, but a clanking noise filled the room.

He kicked the metal cuff on his ankle, chain connected by a hook following in its wake. He let out a sigh of regret, prison reminders. He chose to simply pull on his pants, ignoring the cuff the most he could.

With that, he slipped on his shoes and gave himself a pat down, making sure he at least had his physical self together before he took a step out of the apartment.

With his departure, he stuffed a cardboard box in his jacket pocket, the contents shuffling around and hitting against the box walls. Minty fresh, refreshing candy cigarettes. Just a little addiction he carried around.

The hallway was fairly silent, as most others in the complex were awake by then. He cursed himself for oversleeping, and picked up his pace, skipping into the elevator and propelling himself on his toes to reach the buttons.

The mechanism began to rumble, moving him down to the first floor, which the elevator announced and displayed on a LED screen before its doors opened. He stepped out into the hallway, and his eyes instantly laid on a certain person standing not too far from the lobby exit doors.

Her slim frame, that dressing style.
He swore he saw her before.