The day before

I just wanted to write about what would happen before Trolls World Tour that make Branch wants to confess to Poppy his feelings. I hope you'll enjoy it

____________________________________________________

- Poppy, what are you doing?

- Emm... - Pink troll looked at a little crepe flower in her hands. She looked really tired, especially when she stopped, trying to remind herself what she was doing.

- I'm just fixing decorations, that's all. - Poppy shrugged, turning back to replace flowers on a tree.

- Poppy - Branch tried not to sound too firmly, but he was really upset. He took a deep breath, starting with a much calmer tone: - You're exhausted. You shouldn't climb up on the ladder.

- I'm fine - She said, tried to focus on her work. - It's my duty to make every single party perfect!

Queen smiled slightly, which made her look even more tired.

- It is actually perfect - Branch said, putting his hand together in the 'explaining' gesture. - You don't have to fix those flowers.

- But there were asymmetrical! - Poppy lifted up her arm with frustration. - Who made them?

- Poppy, come here, please - The blue troll tried his best to get her down. She could fall in every single moment and he didn't want to be a witness of this.

- Why are you so desperate to get me down? - Poppy finally looked at him, just sleepy and tired. She always wriggled her nose, when she was angry at him. It was no end cute, even if it meant nothing but trouble.

- You were singing, dancing, and hugging the whole day and now you're fixing decorations on the party - Branch pointed out clearly. - You worry about everything and everyone but yourself. You just need to sleep.

Poppy groaned out, tilting her head back.

- But I just love dancing, singing, hugging, and fixing decorations at the party - She mumbled, closing her eyes. Branch was scared of she could fall asleep just right then, without any warning. He had to make up something quickly.

- Well, if you love hugging - He opened his arms and smiled at her slightly. - You can take one if you climb down.

Poppy looked down at him and smiled warmly.

- Okay then - She said and started climbing down carefully. She looked like she couldn't keep her balance so well, so Branch hopped to the labber and grabbed it tightly. He looked up at Poppy coming down slowly to him, wondered why she strained herself so much. If anything went her way, she had to resolve it instantly, no matter how weary she was. She just wanted so desperately to be a perfect queen and make everyone happy. Branch found it really damaged for her, but, on the other hand, it was also what loved in her the most: she took care of other's happiness more than her. And, no matter what, she could never give up on anyone.

When Poppy's foot finally touched the ground, she lost her balance a bit, so Branch caught her to not let her fall. She stood up straight, smiling at him, amused by this little fiasco.

- Thanks - The pink troll giggled gently and threw her arms around his neck. Branch stopped, feeling a bit confused. He just forgot he promised her a hug. He chuckled and embraced her tenderly. He couldn't stop himself to enjoy every single hug he got from her. Poppy was really soft and nicely warm. Her hair always scented like vanilla, chocolate, and strawberries. He didn't know how it was even possible to always smell like that. But it made him lose his thoughts for a second, just breathing in her perfumes and feeling her smooth hands on his back. For the half minute, he felt so safe and comfortable. He wished he could cuddle her longer. But he couldn't. They weren't a couple.