A boys' day

Some wholesome moment of introverted Branch trying to be less introverted, Milton being dorky cutie gold boy and Hickory being Hickory. Enjoy :D

__________________________________________________________

- A girls' day? - Branch groans out. - Again?

- Come on, we are hanging out almost every day - Poppy smiles at him, carelessly. - One "girls' day" per week isn't a big deal.

- Yes, but the thing you call "hanging out every day" is doing your royal duties - He crosses his arms on his chest, giving her a sight of disapproval. - I'm not a king.

- Yet. - The Queen smirks at him. - Besides that, I've never forced you to help me with my tasks. It's you who offers me help. You like it. I tell you we can picnic or something, but you're always "no, Poppy. You're queen, your duties are always the first thing to do".

Branch looks away, grimacing even more. The pink troll puts her hands on her hips, knowing exactly what's going on in his boyfriend's head.

- You are just jealous of me spending time with my friends - She throws at him nonchalantly.

- Pff, no. - He huffs. - I just want my own "Branch day only with Poppy"

- Every Sunday is "only Branch and Poppy day". Not a good argument.

- I can do stuff without you! - He still sounds offended. - I have my hobbies. And I have my own friends. I have my own life, I'm not a kid who doesn't know what to do without you.

- That's also not what I'm saying.

- I'm not jealous!

- Branch - She grabs his hands, stopping him from speaking with them. - If you want to do a "boys' day", you can. You just can.

He blinks at her.

- A boys' day? - He disbelieves and watches as she nods.

- A boys' day - She repeats calmly. - You can invite your friends, your own friends, and do your stuff.

He gazes at her with wide-open eyes and a half-open mouth.

- Okay... - Branch takes a deep breath. - I guess I was a bit jealous...

She chuckles.

- I can do a boys' day... - He whispers revealingly, making Poppy laugh heartily.

- Go for it, my man! - She squeezes his hands cheerfully, grinning at him. - You can do it! Go, invite boys!

This time Branch giggles, too.

- Am I still that idiot about "friendship's things"?

- Yep. But you are my idiot - Poppy beams, planting a peck kiss on his cheek. - Go, invite your boys.

He chuckles.

- Okay.

~~~~~~

- Maybe you are wondering why I gathered you in my bunker at 7 a.m.

- Yes! - Hickory calls out. - That's exactly what I'm asking you!

- I think it was part of his opening - Milton whispers to the yodelist. - You know, rhetorical question.

- Oh... - Only now the orange troll notices Branch's discontent face. - I'm sorry. Go on.

The blue troll clears his throat and starts again.

- I'm sure you're wondering why I gathered you here. The thing is... You are now part of a boys' day! - He beams, throwing his arms in the air.

His two friends stare at him in silent misunderstanding.