𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄.

𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘❝ 𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐀 ❞

𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘
❝ 𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐀 ❞

THE ANSWER to the mysterious disappearance of Westview all made sense to Monica Rambeau. One mistake of mentioning the Scarlet Witch's deceased brother caused to be thrown out of the quaint town by force. Wanda Maximoff shooting red energy beams, knocking Monica through walls of houses before the S.W.O.R.D. agent breaks through the barrier and falls with a thud on the dewy grass. Greeted by the pitch darkness of night, flashes of light shine across her eyes temporarily blinding her.

Soldiers rush up towards her, Monica groaning under her breath as vapour clouds leave her lips. She never expected the Scarlet Witch to be cause of such chaos.

"Monica!" a voice calls her name, the woman turning to face the source of the voice. It belonged to her superior, Tyler Hayward. The man who took over from her late mother as the director of S.W.O.R.D.

"Wanda." Monica mumbles under her breath.

"Who is causing this?" he asked.

"It's Wanda. All of it is her." Monica answered.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

AGENTS GATHERED around the meeting room in the tented facilities laid out near the barrier leading into the town of Westview. After Monica went missing, S.W.O.R.D. set up their facilities to try and infiltrate the town and find the route cause of the situation. However, they finally have their answer after Monica returned.

"Wanda Maximoff, Sokovian born in the year 1989 and twin sister to the late Pietro Maximoff. The twins lost their parents at a young age and grew quite a hatred towards Tony Stark, taking part in multiple protests. Soon experimented on by Hydra using the Mind Stone and thus receiving powers. Her past makes her dangerous." Hayward informs them.

"You did forget to mention that she did concede to the side of the Avengers. She is an Avenger after all." Jimmy Woo speaks up. Hayward, changes the screen to show footage of the aftermath of Wanda's powers in Lagos and Germany back in 2016.

"She is highly volatile and cause significant amount of damage."

"Her powers are tied to her emotions. What she doing is not out of malice but out of grief." Monica insisted.

"By bringing the Vision back to life which makes his sacrifice worthless. There's also something I've been told not to show but given the circumstances, I think I have to." Hayward changes the screen to show Wanda storming through S.W.O.R.D. headquarters and stealing Vision's body before destroying the cameras in the holding room.

"What..." Monica was stunned.

"Now you believe she is a threat?" Hayward looks at her.

"I've been inside the town. I can feel her pain. Under her control, I could feel she was trying to heal and be happy. By declaring her a threat and deciding to attack her is not the way to go." Monica mumbled. Hayward heavily breathes out before looking back at Monica.

"Fine. We'll do it your way but if she hurts anyone in the town, I will take her down." he warns. The director dismisses the agents, Monica and Jimmy reuniting after she was sucked through the barrier.

"It's good that you're back." Jimmy sounded relieved. Monica noticed a woman with glasses walking alongside Jimmy.

"Who are you?" she asked.

"Oh...I'm Darcy Lewis. I...uh discovered the illusion and kind of saw what was happening inside the town." she said.

"Can I see?" Monica asked.

"Sure." Darcy nods, the three individuals heading to Darcy's current work station as an old television screen plays the events of what was happening inside the town of Westview as if it was a sitcom.

"Can you rewind it a bit?" Monica asked.

"Sure thing." Darcy takes her seat, rewinding the broadcast, stopping at the point where it was Monica in Wanda's house looking at her newborn children. Playing through the broadcast, the clip skips over Wanda knocking back Monica out of her house and jumps to Vision and her on the couch holding her children.

"She basically censors everything." Monica sighed.

"What do we do now?" Jimmy asked.

"Hayward forgot to mention someone important when briefing the other agents about Wanda. She and Pietro weren't the only ones experimented on by Hydra if you all can recall." Darcy said.

"You mean..." Monica knew what Darcy was implying. She pulls up a record of said individual, looking through old footage of him in the streets of Sokovia.

"Minho Kim. He's the one with the electric powers right?" Jimmy asked.

"He's also the only other person alive whose powers came from the same energy source. Not to mention he's been the Maximoff twins' best friend for their entire life." Darcy added.

"Where does he live right now?" Monica asked.

"Last I checked he has a small apartment located in New York." Darcy informs them.

"Do you think...he could help?" Jimmy asked.

"I guess the only way to find out is getting into contact with him. He might be the only way of getting through to Wanda." Monica stated.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

GROANING under his breath, hearing the incessant rings of his phone by his bedside table. Minho shuffles in his bed before sticking out a hand from his blanket and grabbing the phone. Squinted eyes as they readjust to the brightness of his phone, he taps the answer button before bringing to his ear.

"Hello." his voice rough and fatigued.

"Is this Minho Kim?" a masculine voice asked.

"Yes." Minho grumbled.

"This is Jimmy Woo. I think your brother knows me." he said. Minho remembered his brother mentioning someone from S.H.I.E.L.D. named Jimmy.

"Yeah, why are you calling me?" Minho soon sits up in bed, switching on the bedside lamp and rubbing his tired eyes with his free hand.

"We need your help. Specifically, she needs your help." he answered.

"Who?" Minho asked.

"Wanda." Jimmy replied. Heart sinking in his chest, Minho breathes out heavily.

"Send me the details and I'll be there as soon as possible." he said, ending the call with Jimmy Woo. Gazing at the framed picture on his dresser, seeing him happily laughing with both Wanda and Pietro. He knew something was wrong after their last encounter. He now fears the worst.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

i think i got a bit carried away with writing the prologue as i usually like to keep it short but i couldn't stop but anyway. i hope you all enjoy and i'm trying to mix up the episodes in terms of how the plot is to make it work for this story. sorry that this is also a mess. i always think my writing is messy but that's just my habit. anyway thanks for reading!