Chapter 11

Nathan's POV:
At school a week later:
I walk into school with my cap on my head to cover up my lack of hair upon my head. I can notice people laughing at me behind me, I increase my speed and make it to my locker. My school has been notified of my condition and they are supporting me a lot more.

Period 1:
I take my seat in English and notice a supply teacher walk in, I pull out my supplies and pencilcase.
"Okay, as your English teacher is not here this week, I will be taking your class for today and Wednesday's lesson. I am Mrs. Harris. Let's do the register!"
"Toby?"
"Sarah?"
"Irene?"
"James?"
"Lauren?"
"Daniel?"
"Ryan?"
"Abigail?"
I continue to listen until she gets to my name where this happens.
"Nathan?"
"Yes miss" I respond respectfully.
"Young man, could you take your hat off?" She demands.
"I-uh don't feel comfortable doing that" I reply
"It's not a question it's a request. Take that silly hat off immediately or it will be detention at lunch." She tells me aggressively.
"I can't take it off" I tell her.
"Take the hat off, now!" She yells and I oblige, taking my hat off. The whole class gasps at my bald head.
"I've read the school guidelines and I know that is not an acceptable haircut" She tells me.
"It's just my hair" I reply.
"Are you talking back?" She asks.
"No, it's because I have Acute Promyelocytic leukaemia. I can't physically help it!" I raise my voice slightly. She starts laughing at me.
"Ah, you think I care?" She responds to me rudely. She gets up in my face. "You better get hair otherwise I will be contacting the headmaster and getting you expelled" and then we notice that our headmaster Mr Stephens is at the door.
"Mrs. Harris, come with me immediately." He says sternly. Mr Stephens can be strict but he's very friendly and positive. Mrs. Harris follows him out and we hear a loud confrontation outside the classroom.
"That sounds fucking bad out there" Tobias Young says and we all laugh.
"Sorry you had to go through that Nathan" Irene Llyod tells me
"Honestly she scared the living crap out of me" I reply.
"I couldn't imagine what you are feeling right now, Ox." James Taylor tells me. All the boys now call me Ox after my dad.
"I actually got that on video!" James admits. Mrs. Stephens returns to the classroom.
"Well, 8IAT. I sincerely apologise to each and every one of you, especially you Nathan. As you all got through that extremely well, I will allow you all to go on your phones for this lesson. I will get Miss. Thompson in here to keep a eye on you." Mr. Stephens tells us all. We all grin as Miss. Thompson is the most fun and carefree teacher in the school. He leaves and we all cheer.

After school:
I come home and hear my parents arguing loudly in the kitchen, a normality for the past few days. Dad's been so stressed with his football career and mam is just upset as she is 9 months pregnant. I put my bag down and sit on the stairs and listen in on my parents' argument.
"It's either fucking football or your family, Alex!" My mam yells "We have gone over this!"
"Are we seriously gonna argue about this again, Perrie!!?" My dad shouts.
"I've already got enough on my bloody plate: Nathan's chemotherapy, our relationship and our unborn daughter."
"Fine, I've made my decision!" My dad exclaims. "I'll give up football! If that is what will make you stop screaming at me as soon as I walk through our front door" Did my dad just say that he's giving up football? Is he actually serious? The house goes dead silent for a while. I get off the staircase and walk into the kitchen.
"Dad?" I say and he looks at me. I can read the pain in his face.
"Nathan, just go to your room, son" My dad says calmly. I follow his request and walk up the stairs in tears.

Perrie's POV:
Alex and I have reconciled and haven'tfought for the last 2 days. Nathan has barely spoke in the last 2 days.
"Nate, baby. Can we talk?" I ask him sitting next to him on the couch.
"What's there to talk about, how you and dad are not together anymore?" He says with a blank expression on his face.
"No, that's not what it is at all." I tell him
"Then why are the two of you constantly fighting?" He asks looking at me.
"That's a normal thing for couples to do" I reply to him.
"Are you sure, you and dad have done nothing but argue everytime the two of you are in the same room." He says which breaks my heart
"I dunno what to tell you, son." I tell him. "Your father and I are on better terms now."
"If you say so, mam" He says without taking his eyes off the television. I sigh and walk into the kitchen. Alex is there washing the dishes.
"Hey, Alex." I say and he smiles at me.
"Hey, love, you look a little upset?" He asks.
"It's nothing really." I lie.
"You know I heard the two of you in the living room?" He tells me.
"I just feel like a terrible mam right now." I admit to him
"You are an amazing mother and I know he bloody loves you." He tells me which brings a smile onto my face. He lays his hand onto my stomach and bends down. "Hey in there my little princess. Daddy can't wait to meet your little tushie, you are gonna have the best older brother in the universe." He says before laying a kiss against my stomach. I notice Nathan leaning against the door watching the two of us.
"Hey, buddy. You okay?" Alex asks Nathan.
"Mam, Auntie Leigh-Anne and Jade are here." He says. I nod and he and Alex both walk into the living room.

Jade's POV:
Me, Leigh and Jes have just finished with the LM5 tour. The fans have been missing Pez a load but she has promised that she will be back for the next tour.
"So, what have you decided the name?" Leigh asks Pez.
"Yeah, we have. Our little girl is gonna be named Aurora Louise Oxlade-Chamberlain." Perrie announces.
Jade and I both squeal.

A hour later:
Perrie's POV:
We are all relaxing in the living room watching when I notice my lady area begins to get a little wet. Leigh-Anne looks at me a little concerned.
"Pez, you alright, babe? Leigh asks me and I shake my head whilst grabbing my stomach in discomfort.
"Alex, I think Pez is going into labour" Jade says a bit frantic. Alex looks at me and notices a small puddle in front of me.
"Darling , we need to get to the hospital. Aurora is on the way." Alex tells me "You two mind watching Nate for a while" Alex asks Leigh and Jade and they both nod. Alex helps me to the car and we head off to the hospital.

Nathan's POV:
Mam and dad are off to the hospital so that means I'm stuck with Auntie Jade and Leigh, which isn't bad.
"Alright, mister. Could you help us a little bit?" I nod and help them clean up the couch which was a bit grim. We then relax back onto the couch.
"So, Nate. What do you think your little sister will look like?" Leigh asks me.
"I think she'll have dad's hair and mam's eyes. Definitely" I reply.
"I have to agree with you there, pet" Jade agrees.
"I honestly think the opposite." Leigh-Anne tells us.
"We'll see" I say which makes us all giggle.

3 days later:
Perrie's POV:
"Aurora Louise Oxlade-Chamberlain was born at 00:23 on February 9th 2020 at a healthy 7oz 5lbs. She has my eyes and Alex's hair colour and a light skin colour similar to mine. She was born with a heart defect and unconscious. But the doctors were able to save her. I'm in love with our little angel sent from God and can officially say that we have a complete family." Is what my newest Instagram post caption reads

-jadethirlwall "Mini Perrie has been born to the world! I'm already in love with her little pretty face 👶💕💕💓💗💩"
-perrieedwards -jadethirlwall "we have a mini Alex now a mini Perrie 😁😁😁💝💝💝💓❣"
-jesynelson "Her little face is too bloody adorable, Pez! I love her already. 😘😘😘💟💟💟💌💌"
-perrieedwards -jesynelson "Thanks, Jesminda. Love you loads, sis 💘💘💝💝💗"
-leighannepinnock "What a gorgeous little angel! Auntie Leigh cannot wait to spoil your little tush. ❤❤❤❤❤"
-perrieedwards -leighannepinnock "You already spoil the heck out of Nathan, I can't imagine how much you'll be spoiling her. 😘"
-perriesmuffin "AHHHHH, PERRIES A MOM TO 2!"
-perrieedwards -perriesmuffin "❤❤❤❤❤❤"
-alexoxladechamberlain "I adore you to the end of the galaxy and back. Sitting here and watching the love of my life interact with my baby girl means the world. I cannot express how lucky I truly am"
-perrieedwards -alexoxladechamberlain "🥺🥺🥺🥺❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ I love you more, bubs."