Chapter Three: Todoroki x-reader

A/N: Thank you so much for reading this far! This chapter veers away from just with Todoroki, but it it important to the storyline, so I hope you don't mind. 

Y/N heard Bakugou yelling behind them, but ignored him and kept walking towards the stairs that led to the fifth and final floor of the building. Y/N took a shaky breath, preparing for their next fight. She was already exhausted from her previous fights and still had to go up against Todoroki, one of the strongest in the class.

Y/N walked down an ominous hallway that had no side doors. There was a single hallway that led to two big wooden doors at the end of the hall. How cliche, Y/N thought as she approached the doors while rolling her eyes.

Y/N slowly opened the doors, peeking through to see Todoroki's back to her. She snuck into the room, making as little noise as possible. Y/N spotted a pillar on the right side of the room to hide behind while making an attack plan. Unfortunately, Bakugou started yelling on the floor below, which drew Todoroki's attention to her. Crap! Y/N thought as she dodged Todoroki's ice attack. Todoroki sent ice flying across the floor, trapping Y/N between two walls of ice. She knew that she could use one of her quirks, but she didn't want her class to find out that she had a quirk yet.

Y/N pondered on whether she should give away her secret while dodging Todoroki's punches and kicks, landing a few blows to him in the process. Y/N knew if she kept this up, her stamina would run out. She hated using her quirks though, because her quirks are the cause of her parents death.

There was no way to win this fight without revealing her quirk, so Y/N decided to use her quirk to punch through the ice walls Todoroki had built. She grabbed one of the broken pieces of glass and aimed it at Todoroki's chest, releasing it. It hit Todoroki straight on his chest, causing the light on his chest to turn red.

Y/N was panting and trying to breath, as a panic attack started to take over her body. Her whole body started to tremble, but she managed to make her way over to the fake bomb and touch it, meaning her and Midoriya's team won. Just as Y/N's fingers grazed the bomb, Kirishima, Bakugou and Midoriya entered the room, Midoriya immediately running up to Y/N's shaking body.

Y/N had sunk to the floor, gasping for air as all the memories of her past flooded her mind.

A/N: Bold means flashback and italics means thoughts unless I specify otherwise :)

Y/N was walking home from her first day of her final year in middle school when her quirks started to malfunction. She was right outside her house and the amount of power that she was releasing caused the lights to flicker and her parents to run to her aid. She tried to yell out to them, "STOP! Don't come any closer or you'll get hurt!" but they didn't listen to her pleas.

Her parents rushed up to her, bringing her into a tight hug, wincing from pain. Y/N slowly regained control of her quirks, but it was too late for her parents. They had third degree burns everywhere and internal organ damage. Y/N called an ambulance and was rushed to the hospital with her parents.

Y/N waited anxiously in the waiting room as her parents were in surgery. Her grandparents came and waited with her. The doctors came out and said sadly, "Are you Miss L/N?" Y/N stood up shakily and nodded. The doctor smiled sadly at her, announcing, "I'm sorry. We did everything we could, but the damage was too great for us to heal. I'm sorry for your loss." With that, the doctor walked away.

Y/N collapsed to the ground, soundlessly crying as her grandparents scolded her, "This is all your fault! My baby is gone because of you and your stupid quirks!" Y/N's grandfather actually slapped her before they went to the lady at the front desk to work out funeral arrangements.

Y/N was sixteen and lived on her own, with her grandparents being her 'guardians', even though they didn't give her cash or do anything for her. She had to get a job while maintaining school work just to survive.

Y/N never spoke to her grandparents again and ...

Y/N was jolted out of her head when she was being shook by Midoriya, who was yelling at her, "Y/N! Are you alright? Y/N, ANSWER ME!"

Y/N's breathing slowly started to regulate and she noticed that everyone from her class and her teacher were present in front of her. She gave an awkward smile, trying to hide behind Deku slightly. Deku giggled a little at Y/N hiding behind him, but hugged her. "I'm glad you're okay now, Y/N."

Aizawa walked forward, "Y/N, may I ask what just happened?"

"I- ...." Y/N tried to start to explain, but cut herself off, not wanting to tell them. "It's nothing, really! I'm just tired, that's all." She put on her best fake smile she could muster, hoping Aizawa would let it slide. Unfortunately, he didn't.

"That wasn't nothing, Y/N. You were hyperventilating for five minutes and it happened after you punched through Todoroki's ice wall, which reminds me, how did you do that?"

Y/N looked around at her classmates, before looking at Midoriya, who had a kind smile that nudged Y/N to open up slightly. "I was having a panic attack. I get them now and then when something triggers my memory of a past event that caused major damage to my mental stability. And as far as punching Todoroki's ice, I'd rather not explain that right now."

"Very well, how often do you get these panic attacks, may I ask?"

"Shouldn't we be talking about this privately, instead of in front of all my classmates?" Y/N questioned.

"I suppose you have a point, but I'm too lazy to go through all the necessary steps for all that, so instead we are making it a class discussion."

"It's not something I want to share with the class, sir." Y/N responded with cold politeness.

"Well that just sucks for you," Kirishima said with a glare in Y/N's direction.

"You have no idea what I've been through, okay? So with all due respect, fuck off." Y/N said as she struggled to her feet and stormed away from the gawking group of students.

I could have handled that better, but they shouldn't be pestering me right after a panic attack. I mean honestly, WHO in their right mind starts bombarding someone with questions right after they got done having a panic attack. Are they trying to make me have a heart attack? Geez!