Chapter 1

It was twilight. The city was calm. The only sound which was heard was that of men and women returning from work. It was a fairly windy day.

The gates to the royal castle were wide open. The little princess came out giggling (Come on Jade, catch me!), chased by her best friend, Jade Stale- the daughter of one of the royal advisors.

They ran through busy roads and narrow streets and into the large decidous forest bordering the western side of the kingdom. They had been here lots of times. It was safe. No animal dared to come near a 3 mile radius of them- a boon of being a Vampire.

The little princess turned around, panting for breath, only to find that her best friend was not chasing her anymore. Jade must have given up- she thought.

She sighed and continued her way into the forest. She had never come alone so far.

Suddenly, there was a clearing. She walked faster, almost skipping, in excitement. Her red hair- a sign of royalty among the Vampires- blew in her face. She tucked them behind her ears.

Soon, there was sand below her bare feet. She could'nt hold her excitement any longer. She ran as fast as her little feet could carry her.

Suddenly, she froze. The scene before her was absolutely breathtaking. There was a vast sea and the sun seemed to be taking a dip in it. It looked beautiful with all the different shades of red in the sky being reflected in the blue water. The water was rippling due to the pleasant breeze.

The princess's red eyes were wide and seemed to glow! Her mouth was slightly open.

"Who are you?"

The princess jumped. She turned around to find the strangest thing ever!

There stood a boy of about her age, but he had black hair and black eyes! Vampires never had black hair, and definitely not black eyes! They always had red eyes. And every vampire except a member of the royal family had brown hair. Who was he- she thought.

She realized that she was staring at him, and he seemed to realize too. She shifted her gaze to his eyes and smiled- her mom had said that a princess should always smile and greet others. "Im princess Elisa Valing", she said, " and who are you?"

"Im prince Roran Ryce", replied the boy.

"Oh Wow! I've never met a prince before! ", said the little princess. "Are all princeses so pretty?" She asked.
"Not pretty, princess, but certainly handsome", he corrected." You are very pretty yourself!", he added.
"Oh Thankyou!", she blushed." Do you want to play with me and my friend, Jade? You seem lonely.",offered the princess.
"No!", said the boy abruptly. " I must return home.",he added,"It was a pleasure to meet you, Princess Elisa."
And just like that, in a blink of the eye, he was gone.

AN: Hi!!! This is the first time I'm writing a story, so please bear with me.
I'm a very busy person so I'll update very late. Please ignore my mistakes or PM me. I will reply to every PM, for sure. Kindly refrain from advertising your books here and also from criticising my book or my style of writing. FYI, Eng isnt my first language. N I'm pretty young as compared to many of you out there. If you don't understand the story or think its a waste of time, feel free to delete the book from your lib. Hope you enjoy the book! :)