Sirius P.O.V

CW: Mention of suicidal thoughts

His curls, his freckles, his amber eyes, his chocolate scent. Everything about Remus was the same. Except that now he was a man. A very handsome one and he seemed more confident that before. All of this thoughts went through Sirius' head while he followed his former friend inside. 

How many times Sirius had spend in this little cottage. He used to scape from his mother and play here with Remus. The Lupins were not particularly rich. But the house was beautiful. Decorated in the most bizarre but beautiful objects. Pictures of the family hanging around. The country side and that little lake where the boys used to play in, was seen through the back door. Sirius smiled. 

"Everything is like I remembered" he finally said.

"Yeah?"

Sirius nodded "Where are your parents?"

Remus put his hands on his pockets "Dad is in America with his new wife. And mom is dead"

Shit. 

"I'm so sorry Remmy" 

"It's okay" Remus smiled slightly "She was suffering too much with her cancer" 

Sirius remembered that back then, Mrs. Lupin was recently diagnosed. He had to comfort Remus a lot because of it. The little boy was devastated. 

"I remember" Sirius said "She lived long, didn't she?  How long ago did she..."

"It's been three years"

Sirius simply nodded. There was nothing left to say. 

Sirius paced around the house like a little kid. Just taking everything in, watching Remus' pictures as he grew up. Remus watched him amused. Sirius hadn't been this happy, this free in a long time. He just wanted to enjoy this time while he could. Then he spotted it.

"You have an Xbox!!"

Remus laughed "Yes?" 

"My brother has one. I sometimes play with him when my mother is not around" 

"She doesn't let you play?"

"She says I could get fat from playing too much or blind. And that would totally ruin my imagine. She makes me excersise instead" 

Remus had a concerned expression. Shit. Sirius shouldn't had said that. All his life had been a nightmare since he was 12. Tom, his mother boyfriend worked on the fashion industry and recommended Walburga to make Sirius a model, he had the looks and she could gain a lot of money. He hadn't done what he likes ever since. But Sirius didn't want Remus to feel sorry for him. 

"Do you want to play?" Remus asked. Sirius smiled, he knew exactly what to say. 

"Okay" 

They both sat down on the couch and Remus prepared the game. 

"How's your brother by the way? Little Reggie?" he asked.

"Reggie is a pain in the ass. But he is amazing" Sirius sighed "He actually helped me scaped today. I'm afraid of what mother would do to him" 

"Do you want to call him?"

"I can't. My phone is microchiped they would find me" 

"Siri... You could use mine" 

"Yeah thank you" 

Remus gave him the phone and Sirius saw a picture of him and Lily. He tried not to be jelaous.