Chapter Two

Donghyuck spent the next several days talking to Jeno directly like this

Donghyuck spent the next several days talking to Jeno directly like this. He would talk aloud and Jeno would write things on paper. It wasn't until the next time Donghyuck had a full day off that he managed to work up the bravery to ask a question that had been really bothering him.

"Why can't I see you?" The air was warm and Donghyuck somehow felt that he was not going to be getting a response. "I mean, I can see you in the mirror. And, that shadow I see creeping around sometimes, that's you right?"

It took Jeno a long time to write a response.

Yes

"Then why can't I see you?"

Do you want to?

The writing was slow and shaky and Donghyuck felt a sweat drop down from his forehead. His heart was racing at one thousand miles per hour. 

Did he want to? You had better bet he did.

 Donghyuck had been dreaming about seeing Jeno's face in front of his. He dreamed of being able to see him like an actual human and not a phantom in the mirror. More than anything, Donghyuck dreamed of seeing the boy smile.

However, Donghyuck suddenly began to question himself. The way Jeno dreamed of seeing Donghyuck was far too human. He knew that Jeno used to be alive, but he wasn't anymore. Donghyuck didn't know what it meant for him to be able to see Jeno and he suddenly wasn't all too sure he wanted to find out.

Donghyuck immediately killed these thoughts. He would do anything to see Jeno smile.

"Yeah," he whispered.

The lights went out. Donghyuck could practically feel his heart beating out of his chest. Bongsik whined lightly in his sleep. A cold chill ran down Donghyuck's spine. When the lights came back on, there was a figure in the chair beside him. Donghyuck immediately felt fear strike though his body. Every party of his body was telling him that this was unnatural, telling him to run. However, at the same time, Donghyuck couldn't move. Deep down he knew that this was the man, the ghost, he had been speaking to. The ghost that had been living with him this whole time. This was Jeno.

Donghyuck buried his fear and stared at the dark figure beside him. He was looking down at the counter, body bent over, hair falling down to cover the features of his face. Donghyuck was surprised words managed to leave his mouth with how breathless he felt.

"Jeno?" The man turned to look at Donghyuck and everything else in the world stopped. His brunette hair framed his ghostly pale face as he looked at Donghyuck with giant, concerned, dark eyes, a deer caught in headlights. His mouth was twisted into a worried frown and his cheeks were slightly sunken. He was absolutely attractive. Donghyuck knew that he looked sickly and dead in his paleness, but this took nothing away from how stunning this man's appearance was. Donghyuck was absolutely enchanted. Donghyuck reached out a hand and Jeno flinched away, image flickering. Donghyuck panicked, drawing is hand back and knitting his eyebrows together.