Chapter 1

I look down at my pale hands, not knowing what to say, as always. "Uh.. um.." Is all I can manage to get out of my mouth.

The red-headed girl scoffs, and then looks at my shoes, trailing up to my face, and smirks, getting the words, "Youre so ugly." Out. I'm used to this though, because this is a normal thing for me. "How do you even live with yourself?" She places a hand on her hip, the thin liner of her skirt.

"I...I..." Damn it! Why can't I say anything?! I think to myself. Just stand up for yourself and say something! "Don't you have somewhere to be.." I say in a soft tone. Wow. Smooth, like that will really help. I'm such an id- I yelp in pain, as she quickly grasps my wrists and pins me up to a locker, behind me. As I hit the locker a loud sound echoes through the hall, but it can barely be heard, since the crowd in the hall was so loud, I got a few glimpses from strangers, but they were quickly broken and they kept walking by, just as bystanders do.

She tilts her head, seeing my eyes pleaing for someone--- anyone to help me as I gaze in a panic to the crowd. "Hm, what?" She says in a pitiful tone, "Nobody is going to help you. Nobody cares, dont you get it?" She says, almost laughing while saying it.

Say something damn you! I yell at myself in my head, "I..." I try to push her back, but in my struggle, I fail, due to how weak I am, and she lets out a small laugh. I can feel my face go red but I close my eyes tightly, trying to get ahold of myself. "Get off me!" I screech at her again.

"Hmm.. I don't think so." She says, her grip getting tighter on my wrist. I whimper quietly, and my sleeve falls a bit, revealing the small ends of my scars. She gets a glimpse of them, and then her emerald eyes flicker onto my face, in an intimidating stare. she pulls my sleeve down, "And what is this?" she asks me.

My face go into shock, seeing the crowd of people giving me looks, and then the bell rings. Saved. I think to myself. How wrong was I? She doesn't budge. "Sh.. shouldn't you get to class.. you don't want to be late.." I say, looking at her as my brown eyes shift to the floor.

"Why do you say that?" Her voice was cold, but taunting, as she squeezes my wrist tighter. I struggle once more, but continue to fail. She rolls her eyes, and with a swift, almost graceful movement, she throws me to the floor, "You're not worth my time anyway." She gazes toward my backpack, a few feet away, then picks it up and, with long strides, walks away.

I sit there on my knees, and then look down to the marble floor of the school, then, look at my knees through my ripped jeans. They had dried blood from earlier that day, due to someone pushing me while heading to P.E. and I ended up falling against a wall and onto the concrete. I sigh, and run my hands through my hair, sitting there for awhile, seeming like forever. Not again...