Brooklyn

Chapter 3-

Brooklyn

                I ran after Jordan trying to thank him, but he was beyond gone. Where the hell could he have gone that quickly? I gave up and went back inside the school. I was 15 minutes late to English, but I had plenty on my mind. I pulled a piece of paper out of my notebook. Thank you. We should talk. I want to thank you in person. – Brooklyn. I wrote and stuck in my pocket.

                Thank god this was the last period of the day. I waited for everyone to clear the hallways and I stuck the note through the vent things in his locker.

                I took my time walking home today. I didn’t want to see my dad, or Abby. I mean did I really deserve to be treated like that? I don’t think so. My mom would have never let this happen. Never. I miss her so much.

                About an hour later I walked through the front doors, and Abby was sitting on the couch half drunk. “Brooklyn, come here.” I was going to regret this. I walked over there.

                “Yes Abby?”

                “How was school?”

                “It was fine.”

                “Don’t speak to me like that.” I was very confused by her statement. What is she talking about?

                “What do you mean Abby?”

                She mocked, “It was fine.” I walked away from her, when she fiercely  grabbed my shoulder.

                “Let go of me!” I yelled.

                “I am not going to be disrespected in my own home. We took you in. You’re in my territory         now!” She yelled in my face.

                “I don’t want to be here. I hate you, I hate my dad. All I want is my mom back. I could care less about everything else. I hate you guys. I wish you would just leave me the hell alone!”

                “You will NOT talk to me like that.”

                “Go to hell.” I spat at her.

                “Go die you fat bitch!”

                “It would be better than living with you!” I ran upstairs and slammed my door as hard as I could.

                I pushed my curly hair back out of my face. I couldn’t quite wrap my head around what just happened. She's a terrible person. The warm tears came slowly down my face at first, but then came all at once. I could taste the saltiness. The worst part, I had no one to turn to. No one who truly understands.

                I grabbed a sweater and my camera and headed to the park. I sat on the bench and snapped photos of the birds in the trees, the flowers blowing in the wind, and of the kids playing on the playground. I went to my favorite tree in the park and sat there.

                “Your names Brooklyn right?”

                I looked up and Jordan was right there. “Uhh, yeah.”

                “Mind if I sit?” I shook my head no and he sat.

                “I just want to thank you for breaking up that crowd.” I said.

                “I saw your note.”

                “Ohhh.”

                “Yeah. I’m sorry for running off like that. I heard you yelling my name. I just had a lot on my mind.”

                “Trust me; I know exactly how you feel.”

                He scoffed. “See that’s what’s wrong with people these days. They always think they know exactly what’s going on with you and they have NO clue.” He pushed himself up off the ground.

                “What are you talking about?” He shook his head and walked away. I give up with people today. First Abby and now him.

I rushed home. All I want to know is what he meant. Dammit. I quietly went to my room and shut the door. I changed into a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. I threw my long, thick curly hair into a pony tail.  

                I climbed under my covers and turned my lamp off and got ready to face the next day.

A/N : Fluvia Lacerda (pic on side) is Brooklyn. What do ya think?