Chapter 7

TW: KIDNAPPING NIGHTMARE ⚠️⚠️

SPENCER POV

After finishing my episode of Doctor Who, starting a new one, and sipping my sugary coffee, I get a phone call.

A new case! Why else would someone call me at seven in the morning?

I answer. "Hey, Hotch, I'll be on my way soo-"

"Oh, pretty boy. Don't get too excited."

Penelope.

"Hey Garcia. Why did you call?"

"So, I found out some about our new kid on the block."

Blair.

"See, miss new profiler says she thinks you're attractive. But, no dates because she doesn't know how you act. However, Morgan, my prince in shining armor, got some tickets to a Cubs game in Chicago. And lucky for us, he got six tickets, I was thinking you, me, JJ, Blair, Shane, and Morgan go to the game."

"Oh, I-I'd love to! It sounds great, Garcia. What day?"

"Friday. Already asked Hotch for the day off, and he's all for it!"

"Well, good, good. I'll see you then."

___________SKIP TO THURSDAY__________

BLAIR POV

"Shane! Are you going to be ready by the weekend?"
I yell, waiting for my brother to hurry to get on our way to Chicago.

For our trip, Penelope, obviously, took me shopping for Cubs shirts and hats, which I guess is who we are rooting for, so that I could be all decked out for the game tomorrow. I've decided to wear jeans with it, and have JJ do my hair before we go to the game tomorrow.

We are meeting at the BAU, and then start driving from there. We will arrive in the evening, and go the game at five on Friday.

To say I'm nervous is an understatement. I'm terrified.

"You ready, B?" Shane says, looking at me closely, confused by me, consumed of thoughts.

"Yup! Born ready." I say as we walk out the door, silently praying I'll get some sleep on this car drive.

____________________________________

We arrive at the BAU so that we can switch cars. I ride with Penelope, Shane is riding with JJ, and Derek is riding with Spencer. We all pack away our stuff and hop into our vehicles.

"Hey hon, I'm going to be playing music, hopefully that's okay with you..."

"Oh, it's perfectly fine! I'm just going to be napping, I'm sure it won't do too much damage in my fight to fall asleep."

She laughs. "Good mindset, Miss Blair."

And that's the last thing I hear before I drift off to sleep.

Dream

"H-hello?" I say, my voice breaking, my throat scratchy.