3) Brothers n' Basement

", !" A (H/c) girl shook the bed, disturbing the sleeping boy. "Ughh..." The boy rolled around in his bed before tossing a pillow at his intruder. "Hey!" The pillow made a loud thump with the girls face. Gabriel curled himself into a ball, pulling his blanket over his shoulder.

"Wake up!" (Y/n) flopped all her weight onto her brother's side. "Ahhh!" Gabriel's eyes shot open as he was fully woken up. (Y/n) stared wide-eyed at her brother as he stared back with a narrowed eyes.

Flicking his gaze over to his alarm clock, which sat on his bedside table, displayed the time in bright red numbers; 03:17 am.

Snapping his head back over to his sisters' direction, he was met by a cheeky expression. Gabriel let out a sigh, "What is so important that you decided to wake me up at three in the morning."

"I found something!" (Y/n) tried to keep her voice down as she squealed in excitement. "Look, I'd love to see what you found bu-" (Y/n) groaned. "Come on!" she rolled backwards onto Gabriel's legs and stared up at the ceiling, "Pleassseee!"

Gabriel rolled his eyes and kicked her off the bed with a thud. "Fine." Gabriel pulled off his blanket and was hit by a wave of cold air. "But if you woke me up for something stupid," Gabriel swung his legs over the side of his bed and glared as his feet made contact with the cold wooden floor. "I'll kill you myself."

(Y/n) giggled, walking over to the door. "No, you won't." She poked her tongue out over her shoulder. "Oh yeah? how do you know?" Gabriel crossed his arms over his chest as (Y/n) turned around with her arms behind her back. "Grandpa will hurt you in turn", Gabriel let out a tch in response.

The small female ushered her brother out of his room after grabbing a hair lackey for his hair and into the dark hallway. Only a tiny amount of light flickered through the window at the end of the hall allowing of pair to quickly navigate down the aisle and stairs to the first floor. "Now, where are you taking me?"

Gabriel gave (Y/n) a pointed look, which she ignored as she ran towards the kitchen. "This way!" The girl whisper-yelled as she gestured for her brother to follow her before disappearing under the archway.

Gabriel hesitated; looking back up the stairs, he thought how easy it would be to go back to bed. (Y/n) poked her head out of the kitchen, wondering why Gabriel wasn't following behind her. "Don't even think about it."

Gabriel groaned in annoyance before followed the young girl into the kitchen and down the hall to the left. The girl slid to a stop in front of a wooden door. Gabriel raised an eyebrow as (Y/n) gestured to the door, "The basement?"

"Yep!" (Y/n) reached up and twisted the doorknob, flinging the door open. Gabriel looked over the edge of the stairs, down into the darkness.

The hallway was already dark; it was an unspoken agreement that the pair shared to not turn on any of the lights so that Gabriel couldn't see any farther than a few steps down into the darkness.

"I don't think this is such a good idea, (N/n)" Gabriel gave (Y/n) a concerned side glance, which the young girl ignored. "I was just down here," She brushed him off with a hand wave. "It's fine, Gabe."

The boy was defiantly not convinced, but he didn't have the chance to argue as (Y/n) started skipping down the stairs. "Come on!"

Gabriel let out a huff before slowly following (Y/n) down the stairs. Gabriel could hear (Y/n) jumping down the stairs ahead of him. "Can we hold hands?" Gabriel reached out for the girl, trying to figure how far along she was.

"OK!" The tiny thumps of (Y/n) running back up the stairs were all Gabriel heard before she crashed into him.

The boy reached out for the wall to stop him from falling as (Y/n) wrapped her arms around his waist to pull him up to steady him. "I'm good." Gabriel grabbed (Y/n)'s shoulders as she let go of him.