A Hearing At Home

Anirudh was in his study thinking, " If I'm to trust my instincts, then there is something definitely wrong with Sampoorna. The way she looks at me. Her gaze is penetrating as if she can see through my clothes or maybe want to... " The thought was unnerving but Anirudh could not help but ponder upon it. His inner voice directing him in a direction where his heart was not allowing him to go. He replayed every incident that took place with Sampoorna over the past days several times in his mind and everytime his intellect was leading him to only one conclusion, 'SOMETHING IS WRONG'. "Sampoorna's presence has started making me uncomfortable now but what if I am over-thinking. What if all this is just a baseless perception. Only if I could share my dilemma with Bondita. There are times like these when I really want Bondita to be more grown up. But then, I know it is impossible. So, I have to think about a solution on my own to get rid of this feeling". As soon as Bondita entered his trail of thoughts, he visibly relaxed, his mind became calm, no longer circling around Sampoorna's intentions. His wife has taken over his brain now. He started recollecting how his and Bondita's relationship has evolved for the good.

Anirudh was smiling profusely, lost in his thoughts about the one who was standing right in front of him. Bondita snapped twice infront of his face. Her physical movement brought him back to the reality and he flinched in response. He looked embarrassed.

Bondita - Kya soch ke itna muskura rahe hai Pati babu?

Anirudh - Kuch nai Bondita bass ese hi(feeling shy)

Bondita could sense there was something wrong with him, so she questioned - "Koi pareshani hai kya Pati babu? Kuch kehna chahte hain aap mujhse?"

Anirudh was at a loss of words and thinks to himself, "Kese batau Bondita kya pareshani hai...kese samjhaunga apni baat or agar na samjha paya toh uska parinaam sochne se bhi darr lag raha hai"

Bondita nudge Anirudh and says - kaha kho gye pati babu?

The moment Anirudh felt Bondita's touch, an idea struck him. He felt a little odd at first, however, he wanted to clear his doubts and so he asked Bondita to do something for him.

Anirudh - Bondita...mere liye ek kaam karogi?

Bondita responded enthusiastically- Ha kahiye na Pati babu

Anirudh - Dekho agar ajeeb lage toh mat karna, theek hai?

Bondita (smiling) - Theek hai Pati babu ab bataiye bhi

Anirudh hesitatingly asked Bondita to hold his hands, she complied and Anirudh smiled as he felt good by this contact. He then asked her to touch his forearms, she did but there was no change in Anirudh's expression, he was still smiling. After that he asked Bondita to touch his shoulders, as soon as she did, Anirudh's expression changed, this time he was smiling less but blushing hard. After a failed attempt of composing himself at Bondita's touch he asked her to place her hand on his heart. With a confused expression on her face she did to which Anirudh's heart responded, his heart started beating faster and his face could easily be mistaken as an apple. However, he knew he had to continue doing this, no matter how his insides were reacting in order to come to a justified conclusion about something. At last, he asked Bondita to touch his nape, she was going to move around and do as told when Anirudh asked her to do it standing in front itself. Anirudh thought she would feel uncomfortable and was going to let this last request go but Bondita did as asked without any hesitation or discomfort. Anirudh was surprised at this but could feel her touch. He closed his eyes, got lost taking it all in and whispered, "solace". After around 5 minutes,

Bondita(almost yelled) - PATI BABU....

Anirudh's trance broke and he got back to reality realising Bondita was still standing in the same position, her hands around his neck and he blushed and asked Bondita to relax and back off. She so wanted to ask Anirudh what was the drill about but decided against it and waited for him to speak first. Anirudh after composing himself  looked at a frowning Bondita, embarrassed by his actions. He could not dwell in the guilt of having Bondita so close to him without she even knowing what it means to be close to a man this way. He needed answers and got more than he thought he would. He mustered up the courage and started a conversation to get out of this one-sided awkward situation.

Anirudh - Umm...mujhe ek duvidha hai ek mukadme ko lekar, par samajh nai aa raha tumhe kese batau ya samjhau

Bondita (always excited to help her Pati babu) - Acha...agar aap mujhe ese nai bata pa rahe hain toh ek kaam kar sakte hain

Anirudh - Kesa kaam Bondita?

Bondita - Aap yun samajh lijiye ki aap Biristra babu hain....

Anirudh interrupted her trying to act angry - mai Barrister hi hu Nondita...

Bondita - Mera matlab hai ki aap esa samajh lijiye ki aap kacheri mein hain or main vo jo kaale kapde pehen ke, safed baal wale janaab hote hain na jo hathoda peet'te rehte hain maze par bass vo main hu. Jese aap vaha daleel pesh karte hain na bass vahi dhyaan me rakhiyega or bata dijiyega aapki duvidha

Anirudh was smiling and getting emotional at the same time, he looked at Bondita and thought, "my saviour to my rescue yet again"

Bondita - Pati babu....kya hua? Pasand nai aya kya mera sujhaav aapko? (She asked sadly)

Anirudh - Arry nai Bondita, boht badhiya sujhaav hai, chalo shuru karte hain

Anirudh makes her sit on his chair.

Note - Anirudh has never let anybody sit on his chair ever except for his little wifey, who happens to share almost everything of her husband rightfully and he is more than happy to let her.

Anirudh informs Bondita that 'kaale kapde, safed baal or haath me hathoda liye hue aadmi ko hum court me "YOUR HONOUR" bolte hain'

After this he starts,

Anirudh - Your Honour...meri samasya ye hai ki mere muvakkil shadishuda hain or apni patni ke sath bohot khush hain jo ki unse umar me thodi choti hai par akal or buddhimata me nahi. Ab mere muvakkil apne saas-sasur ke nidhan ke baad apni saali ko ghar le aaye sahara dene ke liye. Par unhe ye lag raha hai ki unki saali ka chaal-chalan unke prati anupyukt hai. Isko saabit karne ke liye unke paas koi pramaan toh nai hai par unki antar aatma unko ye cheekh cheekh ke keh rahi hai ki unki saali ka bartaav anuchit hai. Ab ese me mere muvakkil bechara kya kare, My Lord! Kyuki patni se kahenge toh vo ho sakta hai ki pati ko hi galat samajh le ya kuch samajh hi na paye kyuki umar me choti hai na or apni behen se bohot sneh karti hai or agar esa hua toh vo pati se dur ho jaegi jo mere muvakkil bilkul nai chahte. Ab aap hi samadhaan bataiye iss uljhan ka, Your Honour!

Bondita took a couple of minutes to process this information and then spoke,

Bondita - Pati....mera matlab hai Biristra babu ese me pati ko saboot ikhatta karne ki salaah hi dungi mai toh kyuki rishta toh dono hi taraf ka mazboot hai na or agar sakshya nai juta paye toh range hath pakadwa sakte hain saali ko isse sab spasht bhi ho jaega or rishta tutne ki sambhaavnayen bhi nai rahengi. Par jab tak dono me se kuch nai hota tab tak unko apne tak hi rakhni chahiye ye baat jisse ghar me kalesh na ho or shanti bani rahe

Anirudh carefully analysed Bondita's suggestion and concluded that it is indeed practical. He was considering both the possibilities as either of the two would work well for him. After a minute or so, he turned to his wife cum your honour and said,

Anirudh - Shukriya...My Lord! Apka paramarsh sir aankhon par

The couple started laughing at Anirudh's remark.

Anirudh - Chalo Bondita, ja ke so jao raat bohot ho gyi hai

Bondita retired to her room after wishing Anirudh Good night

Anirudh lied on the couch thinking about the next course of action keeping Bondita's suggestion in mind. He thought it would be better if he becomes certain about his intuitions first and then plan on how to uncover the truth.

After sometime, Anirudh fell asleep thinking about Bondita, her skills and the closeness he shared with her today.

_____________________________________________

Here is the next part guys!! I'm really sorry for posting late, was a little busy this whole week. Do let me know how it was...

Also, guess what is going to come next?

Love and happiness always
💕