Chapter 1. The beginning

DISCLAIMER: THIS BOOK CONTAINS VIOLENCE ( BLOOD, TORTURE, DEATH ETC...) AND SEXUAL CONTENT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. 

"Skyler?" 

I turned my head to look at my stepdad as he approached me. "There is something I would like you to show..." he gestured to me to follow him, which I did. He's early today, and hadn't expected that for the weekend. He pushed open the door of the garage where our Rover is supposed to be, but instead, there's a shiny red Ferrari 458 Italia. I frowned a little, "where is our car?" I asked. "This is our new car..." he said. "A sports car?" I asked in disbelief. How is my dad even able to afford this car?

"Aren't you happy?" he asked as he walked up to it. "Yeah... but, I am not taking that car to my school... I mean... it's fancy, but come on dad..." I said, crossing my arms. "You have to if you want to travel around..." he said, patting the red roof. I shook my head and sighed, "sorry dad... can't you take it back?" I asked. He gave me a look, "you don't want to drive around with it?" he asked, surprised yet shocked. "No... I mean, it's a pretty car and stuff... but I would rather take the bus... people will look at me if I pull up with a ferrari... no, I am not going to drive around with this car.

"I have to go, but I'll leave the keys on the table," he said. He passed me and left me standing in the garage. It's not like I don't like sports car, but I don't want to get so much attention. I sighed and turned around. My stepdad left for a mission and I stayed behind alone. My brothers and I are separated. It's a long story of how that happened. I did my thing and decided to do some groceries. I headed for the garage to grab my other pair of shoes and while I was putting them on I was thinking if I am going to take the car.

I sat back in the old plastic chair, watching the fancy sports car. "No..." I sighed and got up, grabbing my stuff before I shut the door of the garage behind me and headed for the grocery store. I don't even know how he is able to afford such a car!

I snorted and got my groceries. Tonight, a pizza I got from the deep freeze. Something simple and didn't take much effort to make. Back home, I slammed the door closed behind me and removed my shoes and leather jacket. Unpacking some groceries, but I heard glass shatter and came from the garage. From the drawer I grabbed a gun that belonged to my stepfather. He's not a soldier, but he does have a gun, just in case and I doubted he knew I used it to scare away weirdo's or in cases like this.

I pushed open the door and looked at the glass on the floor. How did that fall? I couldn't remember it was on the edge of the wooden table. In fact, I didn't even know there had been standing a glass. I sighed and placed the gun on the table. While I grabbed the glass off the floor, I decided to figure out where this car came from. I walked over to the car and hopped in the passenger side, opened the dashboard and searched through the papers, or I hoped to find papers but there was nothing. I searched the car, but there was just nothing.

"You have no papers?" I asked, mostly myself and closed the trunk. I grabbed my phone and sat down, searching the internet for car dealerships in Ferrari's and decided to call one. "Hello? You are speaking with Skyler..." I trailed off, watching the car. "I was wondering if you sold a red Ferrari 458 last day? The licence plate is 674-CCD..." I said. The man hadn't sold this car and every other dealership I called hadn't sold this car to my stepfather. I eventually gave up and stared at the car.

"You are a mystery car... where do you come from? I have called every single dealership here in Washington DC..."

I bit my lip as I stared at it. "If I didn't know better I would say you are stolen..." I sulked and rolled my eyes. "You are not my car... and I won't drive you either. I don't want people to look at me... you stay here, at home..." I scowled as I pushed the gun in my belt. I looked at the car one more time before I shut the door and headed for the kitchen. I didn't want people to bully me even more, so no driving with the car to school. I will take the bus I guess.
The next morning, I packed everything before I left and locked the door. I am leaving a little earlier than normal because I had to take the bus. Once I arrived, I headed for my first class and got a text message from my stepfather which confused me a lot:

'I know you have been calling car dealerships... the car isn't stolen, I got it from outside the state during a trip two days ago when you were on a school trip. I also know you haven't taken the car with you today but I would like you if you do...' 

I shivered at the message. How on earth did he know I have been calling people? It's impossible for him to know unless he is spying on me. I didn't take the effort to text him and started to get really pissed. Is he messing with me? It felt like he was... he is repeating the exact same words as I said out loud to the car and myself...

I brushed it off and headed for my first class. People mocked me off, they laughed at me. If there is something horrible then it's getting laughed at. It gives a very insecure feeling. I am not a strange looking girl, I haven't dyed my hair, I am not wearing strange clothing. I am in my opinion normal, perhaps I did lose lots of weight due to stress, but other than that I am normal. I tied my long dark blonde hair in a ponytail to get rid of it.

After school, I felt miserable and getting home didn't make me feel any better. I seated on the couch, staring blankly at the tv I had muted for some unknown reason. My attention went to the coffee table where I saw the keys of the car. I couldn't remember I placed them there... I snitched them off the wooden coffee table and looked at it, playing with it a little. Perhaps I placed it on the table yesterday... I sucked in a breath and got up, walking over to the garage but stopped in the doorway, staring at the car as I leaned against the wood. Still standing there, peacefully and shiny. Although, something caught me off guard. The tires... they are wet...

I walked up to the car and crouched down, touching them. Mud. I haven't driven this car and the tires are wet and dirty. I got up and backed off from the car. I didn't feel so comfortable anymore. I also felt like someone was watching me. It was a very strong feeling that nearly made me run off. "This is messed up..." I sulked as I circled the car. "Stupid car..." I scowled before leaving, slamming the door closed and locked it. Not like I expected the car to come into the living room, but I felt better if I did. The tires are wet and muddy... how is that possible if no one drove it?