Chapter 4. Friends

Mirage really tried to be friends. He takes his job as guardian very seriously. Even though I am not in danger of any alien attacks. He told me about it and I creeped out. There's an alien in my garage. I needed some time to process that. Right now, I am making myself ready for school. "Bye Mirage..."

He frowned, "aren't you taking me?" He asked. "Uhm, no..." I replied. "But... that's why I am here. Come on..." he grasped my hand, taking me to his 'alt-mode' as he called it. "No, Mirage... I don't want to arrive with a Ferrari..." he frowned a little. "Why not?"

"Because... people will get jealous and some of them will bully me and others will try to be fake friends," I said in a matter of fact tone. "But—" I cut him off. "No, Mirage. I am taking the bus!" I started and turned around. He blocked my way, "Skyler... I want to take you. I won't pull up in the parking lot... I promise. I just really want to bring you..." he said. I sighed softly, "okay... fine..."

He grasped my arm and pulled me with him. As soon as he hit the road he started taking. "Jack said you'd love sports cars..." he trailed off. "I do... they're fancy..." I said. "And then you have your own sports car and you won't drive it because you're afraid of what other people will say..."

"Yup..." I said, popping the 'p' and shrugged my shoulders. "Do you... want me to help you with the problem?" He asked. "What can you do? No, just leave it..." I sighed. "I was thinking... it's Saturday tomorrow... perhaps we can have lunch together somewhere if you'd like..."

I glanced at him, he seemed a little nervous asking. "Yeah, sure... I would like to escape the house..." I said. He smiled at me, "I know that feeling..." he sighed. Dino came to a stop as we reached the school. I had to walk one block and it was fine. I normally have to walk if I take the bus. "I see you around..." I said, hopping out. "I'll be here to pick you up..." he said. "Are you going back home?" I asked. "Uhm, no... I don't think so..." he said. "Okay, well... there's a very large mall if you follow this road... it's quite interesting there, you might want to see it..." I said. He nodded, "Grazie..."

I hopped out and softly closed the door before walking over to my school. I avoided as many kids as possible and eventually reached my first class. I kept thinking about Mirage. He seems nice, even though he showed up out of nowhere and scared me to death. He's not a bad person, for an alien then and perhaps we can become friends.

School was boring as always and I settled outside to avoid any contact with Tyler. I had to read a book for english, so that's what I am doing now. A shadow fell upon me. Tyler. I gasped as he grabbed me and hoisted me up. "How is your head?" he asked, punching me. I whimpered and collapsed on the floor. He was pushed away from me and it surprised me to see Dino. He was pissed, I saw it. "Who do you think you are!" Tyler snapped. Mirage's fist connected with his jaw. "Touch her again and you will regret it for life!" he sneered. Note for myself, don't ever piss off Mirage.

Tyler stumbled back, holding his jaw. At least he didn't ask anything else and ran off. "Are you okay?" he asked, hoisting me up. "Yeah... nothing special..." I sighed. He hummed and rubbed my sore cheek. "Now you understand why I am here..." he said. I giggled and looked shyly down at the floor. He gestured to me to follow him, which I did. "Have you been spying on me, Mirage?" I asked. "I did... so I can keep an eye on you and make sure you don't get beaten up. I loved the mall though, I have been there for an hour and half... but figured out I would rather explore town with you," he said. I hummed and left the school parking lot. I sat down on his hood and he handed me a donut. I smiled, "thank you..." I replied. He sat beside me, watching me eat. "Stop watching... that's awkward..." I said as my face flushed. He smirked and looked away,–– shrugging his shoulders. "I like it when you do that," he grinned. I rolled my eyes and finished eating.

I had to hurry to go back to school, following my last remaining classes. Tyler kept glaring at me when I saw him. He's not really happy with the fact Dino punched him straight on the jaw. In fact, I feared he would do something to get revenge. I brushed it off, not a concern for now. After school, I walked over to Dino. He was parked on the same spot as where he dropped me off this morning.

"Had any trouble or not?" he asked as I hopped in. "No, after you punched him... he stayed away from me..." I replied, smiling. "Good," he growled and drove off. "You know... I don't really think you're an aggressive type of guy. I had expected you to be strong with your words and intimidate people with that..." I said to break the silence. He nodded, "true... but I don't like it if mechs hurt femmes..." he said. I smiled at him, "I really like your accent... can you say something in Italian?" I asked.

He glanced at me, "Penso che tu sia una bellissima femmina e mi piace prendermi cura di te. Sei carino..." he said. I smiled, it sounded so sexy. "Do I get the translation as well?" I asked. He smirked, "no..." I gave him a look. "Why not?" I whined. "What do you quess?" he questioned. "Well, you said the word femmina..." he cut me off. "Femmina..." he corrected, telling me how to pronounce it. I chuckled as I repeated what he said.

"It's hard to pronounce... isn't?" he teased. "I think some words are..." I replied. He drove straight home and parked back in the garage. I made some tea for myself while Dino was watching TV. Something silly I normally don't watch. He guessed, so I didn't want to switch the channel either. "Hey, Mirage?" he hummed and turned his head. "I still don't get a translation of what you said earlier?" I asked. He laughed and shook his head, "nope... sorry sweet spark..." he purred. I rolled my eyes.

"Well, if you want dinner tonight..." I said slyly, drawing some circles on the counter with my finger. "Are you blackmailing me, Sky?" he asked, giving me a look but I saw he was amused with me. A smirk crept up on my face while I shrugged. "perhaps..." I purred. He hummed, "Guess I have to order pizza again then..." I rolled my eyes once again and grabbed a cookie from the drawer before settling beside Mirage on the couch.

Alright, Mr. arrogant... what do we eat tonight?" I asked. He raised a brow at the nickname. "Really? Mr. arrogant?" he mocked. I giggled and stared at the TV for a moment. "I can cook..." he replied. I nodded, "okay, but no spinach, carrots, beets, cucumber, tomato, chicory, fish, kale and mushroom soup..."

He raised his brow again, "are there things you do eat except pizza?" he asked. "Everything else, expect these 9 things..." I said. He scratched the back of his head, "okay... fine," he said, looking back at the TV. "Are you always this difficult with eating?" he asked. I nodded, "yeah... I don't like mushrooms either... so, I do understand that part..." he trailed off.

"Please don't ask..." He snorted and shook his head. "Alright, well I cook something that you will like for sure!"