Chapter 2. Strange

It's a new day and today I want to know a little more about this car. Obviously my stepfather knows things I haven't told him. We called last day and he questioned about the gun I had with me after the glass fell off the wooden work table in the garage. I didn't like the fact he knew that type of thing while I haven't told him anything. The strong feeling of someone spying on me filled my body. I somehow blamed the car for it, so today I had a webcam and decided to hide in the garage while pretending to grab something. Perhaps I am delusional but I am not going to brush it off. I grabbed the camera and turned it on.

It should be able to record for six hours before the battery is empty. Nonchalantly I walked in, gazing at the car and pretended to search for something. I felt stupid for doing this, perhaps it's a stupid prank or what. As I quickly placed the camera on the shelf behind a few things, but still able to record I grabbed something random from the drawer and left. In fact, I left the house and headed for school.

I was somehow curious what I am going to find. Perhaps nothing and perhaps I find something interesting. What if I find something, what will I do then? I brushed it off and stepped in the bus. Taking my earphones out and listening to some music.
Arriving at school, Tyler walked up to me with some friends. "Look who we got here..." he said, pushing me against the metal lockers. "Leave me alone, Tyler..." I snapped. He pushed me in a classroom and slammed the door closed. "What have you been up to?" he asked, walking up to me. I quickly backed off, circling some tables. Soon, his friends trapped me and I was stuck. I already made myself ready for the impact that was about to come.

This is how messed up my life is right now. People beat me up for no reason and because I am not really that strong, I couldn't defend myself. Tyler indeed hit me, with a loud agonized groan, I fell on the floor, hitting my head against a table. He took a picture of me before they left. My head was throbbing and I felt some blood. I sat against a wooden closet and took a moment to recover. This is horror, how did I end up in this situation? I kept asking myself and I never got an answer for it...

I got up and walked over to the ladies restroom, cleaning up the wound. It was bleeding and started to swell up badly. I cooled it with water before heading for my class. Obviously I am late and Ms. Copper sent away. Detention. great...
By the time I got home, it was home and I had no food. My head was throbbing like crazy and itching. Nevertheless, I headed for the garage and once again I pretended to be looking for something. As soon as I hadt the webcam, I left and locked the door behind me. Once upstairs, I connected the camera with my computer and waited till he had downloaded the whole thing. The view wasn't the best, but enough to see. At first, nothing happened, but then something disturbing happened. The car, the engine started. I felt my heartbeat increase and my heartbeat stop. To make this all even stranger, the car left. I slammed my laptop closed. I couldn't watch it anymore. This car... it possessed and if not then someone is messing with me. That thing is alive, or it looks like it's alive.

My stomach twisted and suddenly I wasn't so hungry anymore. I will never ever hop in that car. Not a chance I will step in a living car. I got up, heading down and locked the garage door, or checked if I locked it before heading for the kitchen, trying to see if there was anything to eat. nothing.

I sat on the couch, rubbing my forehead. My head. It's itching so badly. I had to lay down for a moment and stared at the ceiling. This is just great. I am home alone, with a possessed car, no family, I get bullied at school and now I am injured. It feels like my world is collapsing as if I don't have a goal anymore. Tears welled up in my eyes, I feel lost. Blaming my stepfather isn't fair. He had to work to pay off the bills, but besides him I have no one I can rely on. Who can tell me everything will be okay. My mom always used to do that, telling me everything will be okay. A sob escaped from my lips and I curled up, hugging the pillow and cried. I haven't cried for so long and sometimes it really helps to just cry. The only problem right now, I can't stop. I kept crying for at least an hour and it didn't help my headache.

I heard the bell rang. Strange... slowly I got up and opened the door. It was a man, carrying a pizza box. "Your Pizza..." he said, handing it to me. "I haven't ordered anything..." I said. He shrugged, "the bill says you did... have a nice evening..." he said before leaving. He quickly left on his scooter and I watched before closing the door. I haven't ordered anything...
A very disturbing feeling overwhelmed me. My dad couldn't know I didn't have food... There's no one here except the car in the garage. I stared at the door for a very long time, thinking about it. Cars don't order pizza... it's just impossible. But what if the car did order the pizza, what if it knew I didn't have any food in the fridge. If it wanted me dead... then it shouldn't order pizza... but perhaps it's a trick to gain trust.

I slowly turned towards the door leading to the garage. With some hesitation I opened the door and looked at the car. I slowly walked in, leaving the door open and sat down against the wall, staring at the car. "You are a strange car..." I muttered, eating. "I am still not going to drive you... you can drive yourself anyway. You think I am stupid?" I waited for a response but it didn't come. "Fine, play dump... I have seen it!"

I brushed some tears off my face. I am so grateful for the pizza and my favorite as well. As I finished I got up and walked over to the door. "Ugh, my head is killing me..." I muttered, throwing the box in the trash can.

I touched the painful spot on my head. I tried to wash some blood from the back of my head, but it was hard. "Shall I help you with that?" I screamed and hit the wall, collapsing on the floor. The teen around 19 with dark brown hair, ocean blue eyes and muscular, stood there. Tall as well, his fair skin looked so smooth and soft. "Who are you!" I shouted, backing off and hitting the wall. "Easy, signora..."
He spoke with a nice italian accent. "Please..." he added and crouched down. "You know who I am..." he said. I stared at him, "that's your car? Take it... please..." I sulked. He chuckled and shook his head. "I am the car... but that's for later," he replied and pulled me up. "Let me have a look at your head..." he stated and sat me down on a chair. "How did this happen?" he asked as he carefully looked at it. "I fell... that's what happened," I muttered. He hummed and stood in front of me. 

"Are you going to tell me your name or not?" I asked. He hummed, "I am Mirage... or Dino how friends call me," he replied and crouched down in front of me. "I work on the same base as your father does... he came to me a week ago," he said. "he's not my father... he's my stepfather..." I sulked. He hummed, "sorry..." he said and got up. "Anyway... do you know where our Range Rover is?" I asked. A smirk appeared on his face. "I do..." he said. "Great, I'd like to pick it up... there's not a change I will be driving in that possessed car of yours..." I scowled. He chuckled again, "It's not possessed and I told you I am the car..." he stated. I hummed and sighed, watching him grab a wet cloth and walk up to me. Softly holding it on my head.
"I know you get bullied..." he said. "Ah, great..." I sulked. He laid his hand on my shoulder, probably to show me some support and affection. I liked his gesture of comfort. "So, you work at the base, huh?" I asked. "I do... I am a spy..." he stated. "Oh, a spy..." I sulked. "You are such an asshole then..." 

"Why?" he sounded amused with me which only pissed me off even more. "You are talking to my stepfather..." I snapped. "Of course I do..." he laughed. I got up and shot him a glare, "why don't you go back to base and do spy things..." I scowled and left, slamming the door of the hall closed. He followed me upstairs but I gave him a silent treatment. "Sky... I am sorry. Please..." he said, slowly shutting the door behind him. "What do you want me to say, Mirage? Thank you for snitching me?" I snapped. "You father–– I mean stepfather wanted you to drive my alt-mode. So I can protect you and keep an eye on you... you just disliked me at the very beginning, so that made things harder. Plus... I wasn't allowed to reveal myself to you just yet..." he stated. I shook my head and got up. "You know what... why don't you go back to the garage?"

He opened the door. "Goodnight, you know where to find me if you need me..." he said quietly before he left.