Chapter 3. Changed

The next morning, I slowly started my daily routine and learned that washing my hair is quite painful and it took me a bit longer than normal. As I headed down, the smell of food entered my nose. Memories of last night came back. There's a strange guy walking around the house, claiming that he's a car. I have seen so many strange things but this really hits the limit. He gave me a stalker or psycho vibe.

Nevertheless, he's a good cook or at least I believe he is. "Morning Skyler..." he greeted. Slowly I sat down as he gestured to me to sit down. He acted like he knows me for ages.

"How did you sleep?" He asked. "My head hurts pretty bad... so restless..." I muttered. He stopped in his tracks. "Why don't we visit my medic today?" He asked. "Oh, that's not necessary..." I replied. "Are you sure? It's a wound..." he said. I nodded, "don't worry about it..."

He sat down, right in front of me. "So, you're from Italy, aren't you?" I asked. He laughed a bit, "funny you think that..." he snorted amused. "It's not that weird... you have an Italian accent... and this is typical Italian," I said, pointing at my breakfast. He popped some food in his mouth himself. "I am not from Italy. I became an Italian after I got my car..." he said.

"Ah... right..." I said, eating again. "So, Uhm... what's the idea... are you moving in here... or... something?" I asked. He perked his head up, "hmm... Your father assigned me... he thought I would be a good match for you..." he said. "A good match for me? He's not my dad..." I reminded him. He rolled his eyes, "shall we just call him Jack then?" He asked. I nodded quietly. "Jack is worried about you..." I snorted, "sure he is..."

One week earlier - Mirage's P.O.V

I tapped with my pen on the table, softly so I wouldn't annoy anyone. I don't even know how long this meeting is going on, probably a while now. I sucked in a breath. How long does this need to be? I completely lost my focus and longed to do something I like. Just a couple of days ago, Sideswipe introduced me to the magical world of 'gaming' which had been a whole new experience for me.

Sideswipe said I don't have a life and he called me 'weirdo' because I never played human games. It's not really that strange considered the fact I came to earth just a couple of weeks ago. I am still learning more about these 'fleshbags' how Sunstreaker called them. Could I disagree with him? Not so much, humans are strange and weird... plus they are easy to startle.

Oh, Prime had been mad at me for startling a rookie. He nearly had a heart attack. The twins thought it was funny, I on the other hand wasn't really happy with the result. Or the aftermath then. I don't know what has gotten my mind lately. I just feel so... rebellious. I'd rather race around and show off with my alt-mode instead of doing bored paperwork. Perhaps I had this feeling because I have been traveling for so long and on Cybertron we had to fight and keep our guard high. It's getting killed or killing. Nothing between it. I just missed to do things like going out on my own, and do what I love to do.

It has never been my intention to become a spy and now I am the last one. Which is hard at times. So many work and I have barely time for myself and explore this organic world. I think it resulted in my change of behavior. Ironhide called me, just like he always calls Sideswipe, an annoying teen with too much hormones. Was I hurt but it? No... not really.

As the meeting finished I was the first one to leave. Although, Optimus Prime called out for me. With a grunt I came to a stop, turning around. "I'd like to have a word with you..." he said. Couldn't be good, but I couldn't think of something I did today to piss him off. I sat back in the chair I have been sitting in for three hours.

Prime shut the door and sat next to me,— turning so he could see me. "What is going on with you, Mirage. I don't really recognize you anymore..." he said, his voice serious but not angry. "I don't know Prime..." I sighed, looking at the files on the table while fiddling with it for a moment. "I think... that it's because I have been traveling for so long and I finally got here, just to work for these humans. They drown me in work and I don't even know them... I just want to explore the city and do something I like..."

He hummed and leaned back. "I know they put you in a difficult situation, Mirage..." he said,— sighing. "But we are also in a war..." he added. "Yeah, but that's the whole point... I have been fighting for as long as I can remember and earth has so many things to offer... Sideswipe introduced me to a couple of things... I just like exploring. I am not asking for weeks, just a day..."

"Do you know Jack?" He asked out of the blue. I cocked my head to the side and shook my head slightly. "He works closely with Ratchet and Que... however he was looking for you and asked me if I could send you to him..." he said. "Why?" I asked. "Something about his stepdaughter... he'd like you to keep an eye on her..."

I sat up straight, "you mean like... a charge?" I asked. "Sort off... I am not exactly sure what happened but she lost her family sue an accident..." I hummed. "If you agree... you'll be at her house most of the time... you can take a break here and she'll probably used you to travel around town... talk to him."

I nodded, "I'm just not good with femmes... I always scare them away..." I said. Optimus hummed, "I think that it's not totally because of you, Mirage..."

Optimus never gave his strong opinion about our private lives. I snorted mockingly, "they used you... that's not your fault and it also means they don't deserve you..." he said. I looked down, it's a painful subject in my history and I hate it. Just having Prime mentioning it nearly wanted to make myself invisible. "You'll find a sparkmate, Mirage... you just need to be patient."

Optimus was right I know, but sometimes I doubted

It. Why would someone like me? Perhaps I feel this way because so many femmes rejected me and used me. They told me how handsome I am made me feel special and after a 'happy night' they left and I never saw them again. It hurt. Especially as mech.

However, I said my goodbyes to Optimus and decided to search for Jack. I really need this break and how hard can it be right? I pushed open a door and strode into the main hanger. I quickly searched the N.E.S.T database and found this 'Jack Warhol'. He's a scientist...

"Jack? You were asking for me..."

The tall man turned around. He's a little bigger than I am and I am already 6'2 ft tall. "Do you have time?" He asked. I nodded and we sat down in the cafeteria to have a talk. "It's about my stepdaughter, Skyler..." he trailed off. "She's acting... strange lately and I had hoped that you can figure out what was going on. She's not telling me anything, she's snappy and irritated. Sometimes she comes home with nasty wounds..."

"You think she's doing something illegal?" I asked surprised, cocking my head to the side. He shrugged, "could be... perhaps the death of her family damaged her so much that she's taking the wrong path."

I hummed, "so, what do you want me to do then?" I asked,— coming to the main point. "Be her car... she loves sports cars... she loves Ferrari's, Italian... and I think you'll be a good match for her..."

"A good match?" I asked in disbelief. "Yes, a good match..." he repeated. I hummed, "she won't know who you really are..." he added. I somewhere felt like Optimus played a part in this as well, he I don't care. As long as I can escape the base it's fine. I only have to watch her. How hard can it be?

Jack showed me a photo for her. She's tall, at least around 5'11 ft and she has a slim and sleek body posture. She's not muscular and doesn't have too. Her hair is long, and dark blonde. Her eyes are blue and her skin his fair and looks so beautiful. "This is a photo of last year before she lost everyone... she's eighteen. Right now, she lost more weight, I'd hope she doesn't lose more weight. It will be unhealthy for her. It's the stress that's acting up here..." I nodded.

So, now I can escape the base and spend time with this beauty. Sounds like the perfect deal. A weak smirk spread across my face.

"Alright... I'll do it..."